Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I currently have a Nextel i7100 and i'm thinking of switching to Alltel and gettign ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Bunky1267 no está en línea Stack level 2

Question Curve 8330 or Moto Q ?

Advertisement

I currently have a Nextel i7100 and i'm thinking of switching to Alltel and gettign a Blackberrry 8330 or a Moto Q ?? I know this is a blackberry site but I'm not sure on the difference between the 2 ???

popo341 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    329249D2
    Ahhh hello have you looked at the Blackberry 8350i? And if you are considering the Q I would say no way and go with the 8330 Curve but check out the 8350i Curve for Nextel.

wheelz no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask4pin
    Actually its the premiere smart phone alliance and I love my curve however I don't know anything about moto Q but I'm sure someone here will be able to help you out. We have a lot of different users here.
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~

craig4524 no está en línea Stack level 1
    Wife hated her Q, loves her 8330. 'Nuf said.

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    I'm a little biased, having owned several Curves. But I have used the Q, and trust me, it doesn't hold a candle to the Curve.

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    I had the Q for 2 weeks before getting my Curve. I actually think it was a bad batch but even with that said the time I spent with it was unimpressive. I have been nothing but in love with my Curve and BlackBerry ever since.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Actually my advice would be if you have the option hold out until the Verizon/Alltel deal is complete. Then you will have even more to chose from.

bill16 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    sorry no
    I have both with unlimited data plans for both right now,and other than the skyfire beta browser that I have for my motoQ9c,I much much prefer my bb curve 8330.The ease of use,the much better picture,the speed are just a few things that makes my 8330 better.I strongly recomend the BlackBerry 8330 os 4.5 over the Motorola Q9c os 6.1.I hope that helps anyone interested.

Mortgage_Man no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have had a few windows mobile phones and I assure you that you will like the stability of BB over Windows hands down. Windows phones are always clockin(the hour glass) and need to be rebooted often.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    I've never heard one good thing from Q users that I know. Definitely stick with a BB, no matter which model you choose.

dakid2k6 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Me and fiancee Love our BB. We both had windows mobile for a little over a year. And then we both jumped to BB and never looked back since. These phones you can't put down. :-)

dgburns no está en línea Stack level 3
    If you need/want Nextel PTT go with new BlackBerry 8350i.
    Otherwise I would go to the largest carrier that has the device you want. I would no way sign on with Alltel right now, what with the Verizon takeover abd his do you know where you will end up?
    If you want a Windows phone, Q isn't the worst but its for sure not the best either.

Cubward no está en línea Stack level 3
    My partner has the Moto Q and I have the better phone ... uh hmm... the Curve 8330. The Q is somewhat sleek but is still larger and heavier than the Curve. Plus, navigation throughout the Q is so antiquated and can be quite frustrating when trying to do something as simple as assigning ringtones or wallpapers. It pales in comparison to a BB. Definately go with a Curve!

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by dgburns View Post
    If you need/want Nextel PTT go with new BlackBerry 8350i.
    Otherwise I would go to the largest carrier that has the device you want. I would no way sign on with Alltel right now, what with the Verizon takeover abd his do you know where you will end up?
    If you want a Windows phone, Q isn't the worst but its for sure not the best either.
    If there is a choice between WM devices the Q would be the last choice I would make. The HTC models are much better in that aspect. I don't recall any mention of a want or need for Nextel PTT in the OP at all.

Signing up now through Alltel if that's what you want to do is probably the smartest move you can make. Move before the full re-branding and you will be locked in to My Circle (up to 20 numbers land-line or mobile from any carrier) and the mobile to mobile, in network (over 80 million numbers). Which allows you to call any Alltel or Verizon number for free. Even before the full re-branding. Alltel/Verizon is the largest carrier... Period. The deal is final and it is just in transition. Of course this is just IMO.

I will say again in my experience the 8330 is the way to go but if you want a WM device look at the HTC products that Alltel has to offer as well.
    Last edited by moderncowboy; 03-31-2009 at 01:27 AM.

li2327 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    30D2E555
    I had a Moto Q with Verizon then I switched to a 7130e and I'm glad I did. Blackberries are the best. I'm now on a 8900 and couldn't be happier. Windows devices are very buggy. Definitely go with the curve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast