well i went out with my friends tonight and kept my phone in a friends ... BlackBerry Curve forum

AuxiliaryPie no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve 8330 locked up, please help

Advertisement

well i went out with my friends tonight and kept my phone in a friends backpack, and around an hour later i took it out and it wouldnt turn on, the battery was nearly full before i left. so i tried charging it and all that happens is the red light flashes consistanly (long on, long off). now its connected to my computer doing the same thing. i tried pulling the battery several times and also removed the memory card and its still doing it, please help me fix it.
    also: it also appears that the screen is attempting to turn on as it goes from dead black to a light grey and goes right back to a dead black.

info:
    bought it new from the alltel store (on release day so its the first batch)
    i guess that means ive had it for about 4 months
    also the only problems ive had before this are it randomly restarting but that was infrequent and it came right back on.
    my friends who are cell phone pros (they go through about 5 different ones a month) said to just hook it up to my computer which i did, it came on and then died again 3 mins later. idk what else to do

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    I had this problem all the time with the original 8100 I had (went thru 3 of them because of it). I feel your pain. It's frustrating.

All I can suggest is to delete the software from the PC. Reinstall it and TRY to reload the software onto the BB.

Keep in mind that you MAY lose any 3rd party applications on the phone unless you have access to them via PC or BB browser once the phone is back up and running, and the registration keys for those if you paid for them. Then once the software is loaded, do a restore from Desktop Manager. Let me know what happens.

One question. Your post says 8330, but your profile says 8130. Which model is having the problem or are you using one until the other is up and running again?
    Last edited by EricaJ1073; 11-01-2008 at 11:13 PM.

i guess what im going to try to do is wait till tomorrow morning and go up to the alltel store because my phone should still be under warranty and its insured so i figure that if i mess with it like restoring its software and if i mess that up they could say its my fault and id by SOL.
    however if for some reason they cant do anything about it ill definately try this. thank you very much for the help, i really do appreciate it

moderncowboy no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    AskMe
    As long as it is not another Carriers OS there isnt alot they can say I dont think. Your profile says the Pearl but you are talking about the Curve correct?

yea sorry for the incorrect profile. i had the pearl when my contract was up but the curve came out within my 15 day trial period so i switched to the curve. ill update my profile for less confusion

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    He can update it with another CDMA carrier's OS (Verizon, Sprint, AllTel) for the 8330.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Not a problem. To save yourself from a 90 insurance claim thru Alltel I would try to try and load the original OS to find out if that fixes it. They can't say anything to you for reloading the software that belongs on your device. If you decide to go ahead and try it look here for the official OS for alltel.

PIN/ID
    AskMe
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    He can update it with another CDMA carrier's OS (Verizon, Sprint, AllTel) for the 8330.
    I understand that I was just saying if they were gonna take it in the original would be the one I would want so they couldn't blame you for the problem for having a non Alltel OS on the device. If they are not going to take it in then for sure whatever OS you want.