Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello All, I am new to the forum but I have been trying to find ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jomomma821 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Curve 8320 Wifi Issue

Advertisement

Hello All,

I am new to the forum but I have been trying to find any answer to my problem for a while.

I have a new T-mobile 8320 with no data plan. I am trying to use the wifi to connect to my home network. So far, my screen shows that it is connected to my wifi network, but under manage connections, it shows a yellow circle next to it. Also on my home screen, it shows my carrier T-mobile and my network name in one line.

But I cannot use the wifi browser or any function and when I try to reconnect to my network, it gives some error like W002: Wi-Fi connection failed.

Currently, I have no security key set, DHCP is enabled and there is plenty of IP addresses available with no static IP assignment. MAC filtering is also not enabled.

I have also tried using the Curve Wifi at a local setting with public wifi but requires a certificate, and no go.

Any clues? Suggestions?

Thanks in advanced.

pda.teck no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    210DAC53

Re: Curve 8320 Wifi Issue

Welcome to the Stacks, First question you will get asked is.... What Software is on the Curve, there were some issues with the first TMO release. Check this by going to Options>About, after you click on about the third line has what you are looking for. v4.2.2.180 is the latest, if tou have v4.2.2.171 you will need to update the software. http://t-mobile.com/bbupgrade
    J. "Wyatt" Croom
    Blackberry 8520
    Spelling doesn’t determine your I.Q.
    (\_/)
    (0_0)
    (")-(")

Hi there,

The curve comes with the latest software, version 4.2.2.180. What other issues are there? I am assuming this is mostly a software problem?

Thanks!

scapegoat81 no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by jomomma821 View Post
    Hello All,

I am new to the forum but I have been trying to find any answer to my problem for a while.

I have a new T-mobile 8320 with no data plan. I am trying to use the wifi to connect to my home network. So far, my screen shows that it is connected to my wifi network, but under manage connections, it shows a yellow circle next to it. Also on my home screen, it shows my carrier T-mobile and my network name in one line.

But I cannot use the wifi browser or any function and when I try to reconnect to my network, it gives some error like W002: Wi-Fi connection failed.

Currently, I have no security key set, DHCP is enabled and there is plenty of IP addresses available with no static IP assignment. MAC filtering is also not enabled.

I have also tried using the Curve Wifi at a local setting with public wifi but requires a certificate, and no go.

Any clues? Suggestions?

Thanks in advanced.
    T-Mobile user here thats very interested in the new blacberry curve. Just trying to read up on all of the pros and cons about this phone before buying. Just wondering, did you solve this problem ????

Quote Originally Posted by scapegoat81 View Post
    T-Mobile user here thats very interested in the new blacberry curve. Just trying to read up on all of the pros and cons about this phone before buying. Just wondering, did you solve this problem ????

Hey,

Not yet, been reading around for a few days now but either most other cases don't apply to me, or it didn't work. Not a bad phone however.

scapegoat81 no está en línea Stack level 1

Hey,

Not yet, been reading around for a few days now but either most other cases don't apply to me, or it didn't work. Not a bad phone however.

So, u still can't connect to your home wifi ??? Even with a new router ???

Quote Originally Posted by scapegoat81 View Post
    So, u still can't connect to your home wifi ??? Even with a new router ???
    I tried two different routers, but I am not sure if my setup is wrong or something =/ From what I saw on other forums, I thought my settings were good.

Anyone else have an idea?

Thanks!

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

what brand of routers are the ones you are trying to use. Try someone elses router at there place and see if you get any better results
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

shaddow no está en línea Stack level 2

You can also try connecting at a t-mobile hotspot (starbucks, borders, etc.) and see if you have any luck there.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I would call T-Mo CSR and ask them to add the BB enable feature to your BB. It is a service book that they can send to your BB to enable the use of UMA without the need for the data plan or the H@H plan. This service book may help in you connecting to your home wi-fi, if they ask why you want it say in order to use the UMA feature of the phone for better cell service (through the UMA) at your home as the service is somewhat spotty and they should have no problem enabling it.

snybole no está en línea Stack level 2

I've got the same problem, and I've got a sitecom wireless router.
    But I can find it, "connect" to it but my device (8320) cant get any IP apparently.

I've turned off all the security on the router. And I dont live in USA and I have a carrier called Telenor in sweden. The device has nothing to do with them since I bought mine from USA (so there's no way my carrier can help me ; )

tiger123sw no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24207ab3
    Hi there,

The curve comes with the latest software, version 4.2.2.180. What other issues are there? I am assuming this is mostly a software problem?

Thanks!
    Is the SIM card in the 8320 a new one or one from an old phone?

angelzrage no está en línea Stack level 3
    I called tmobile,and they told me its a tmobile issue,hotspot and blackberry told me the same thing.when I went to manage connections,it showed my mobile network as AT+T.they said they are working on the problem.I called them wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by tiger123sw View Post
    Is the SIM card in the 8320 a new one or one from an old phone?
    The Sim card is brand new, came with the 8320.

Thanks for everyone else's input! I will try it out at a hotspot when I get the chance.

I am able to "connect" to a network but it has an issue getting an IP address. Similar to a problem someone mentioned earlier.

Anyone else have any luck with this?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast