Hello all, I have searched through quite a bit of the archives on this forum ... BlackBerry Curve forum

l8deblu no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve 8320 Text Message tones for different contacts

Advertisement

Hello all,

I have searched through quite a bit of the archives on this forum trying to find the answer to this before I posted and bothered everyone. I am interested in getting the Curve 8320 from T-Mobile. One of the features that I like on my existing phone is the ability have have separate ring tones for both the text messages and the calls from a contact in my phone book. I've looked at the documentation for the Curve and have seen that you can make a separate ring tone for the messages and using the exceptions function you can designate different tones for callers, but I can't read where it says that each caller can have their own unique ring tone and messaging tone.

Is that possible?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Curve 8320 Text Message tones for different contacts

~via redberry (wap.pinstack.com)~

There is a way with creating new profiles and such. I can't seem to find it now. I'll look for ya later though.

txmike17 no está en línea Stack level 2

I dont think you can set up individual text msgs sounds. Ringer yes. Ill keep looking if i find it ill post it.
    It would be nice for sure.

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

You have to set up a separate profile for each contact you want to have a unique SMS message alert. Then assign that profile to the contact in an exception. At least that's what I've been told

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

How do you assign the profile to that contact? I can set a ringtone but no SMS
    Last edited by txmike17; 11-18-2007 at 06:59 PM.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Yeah let us know reddog - i didn't think this could be done for txt msgs... Thanks

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

Go to the profile screen like you are going to change the profile and scroll to the bottomw and the advanced option will appear. Select it and then set up and exception under the area where is says: use active profile except for : and then you will set up each individual person exception (ringtone, SMS, BB pin, etc). In the same screen you can also set each profiles individual ringtone, sms, etc..

For example I currently have the quiet profile setup so that it rings loudly and that is all (SMS,TEXT, BB PIN, EMAIL, etc are set to mute, they will still flash the led though). I never turn my phone off (have no home line) and don't want to be bothered late at night with text and e-mail stuff, but don't want to miss an emergency call. WHen I get in bed, I set it to the quiet profile. In the night, I can still look u and see if I have e-mail (important stuff comes through all the time) but I don't have to be bothered with the constant audio barrage.

Edit: I was just playing with my curve and couldn't get the text tunesd to change. I thought it did it with my Pearl (but could be mistaken, but definitely does the ringtones here).
    Last edited by squeakr; 11-18-2007 at 07:12 PM.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Squeakr - fyi --- there is already a Phone only profile inherent to the standard profiles...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

I know it is there, but on my Pearl that would turn off the data completely so that I wouldn't receive any (the data function was turned off). With my settings the data remained on, but I just received no audible notifications. Maybe that was just a bug with my Pearl, and to be honest I just transferred them to the Curve and resumed the same routine never testing if that was an idiosyncratic reaction of the Pearl or standard behavior (on my previous WM devcies Phone only meant Phone only and all data functions were off to save battery life). How does it work on your??

N8DBB no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    7BCE3C88

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    I used WebAlerts for my 8300 and it worked perfect. Would even give a pop up of the message. Unfortunately, I have yet to be able to get WebAlerts to work with the 8320.

Ok that makes sense. Great job on posting.