Hi all, as stated above i have a Curve 8320 (UK on Orange) and the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kie9 no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve 8320..I need text alert in silent mode!

Advertisement

Hi all,

as stated above i have a Curve 8320 (UK on Orange) and the biggest issue i have at the mo is that I need to keep my BB on silent at work but need to know when texts are coming thro.

On other phones the screen has lit up for a few seconds or a LED has flashed but cant seem to find a way to have the BB inform me when on silent!

Its not even suitable at work to have the vibrate option to tell me!

Any ideas or software (pref FREE !) you can point me in the direction of would be much appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation!

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    just change the silent profile, not that big of a deal. "Silent" is the name of the profile, you can change how it functions.

drspiff no está en línea Stack level 2
    go to profiles>> if silent is the active profile scroll all the way down to advanced>> select silent>> sms text>> then change it to however you want it to ring
    I do what I can...

kie9 no está en línea Stack level 1
    thanks both---have done that but best i can achieve is that red LED flashes occassionally when any/every message/ email received....was looking for a screen flash or at least a different colour LED flash for SMS/Email/MMS etc.....

any more thoughts??

wyy183 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24AAA616
    Quote Originally Posted by kie9 View Post
    thanks both---have done that but best i can achieve is that red LED flashes occassionally when any/every message/ email received....was looking for a screen flash or at least a different colour LED flash for SMS/Email/MMS etc.....

any more thoughts??

Make sure that Volume: is not set to Mute, In/Out of Holster: is not set to None.

I'm not aware of a way that you can change what color the LED flashes.

corlissak no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    204D9084
    they have an app called sms display that you can purchase right here in pinstack store. this makes the screen light up when you recieve a text or mms no matter what profile setting you have it on. i love it, works great.
    ~Strong Believer in Karma~

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?

QYV
    QYV no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    23d492cc
    Quote Originally Posted by kie9 View Post

any more thoughts??
    what about setting it to vibrate?

Also, you can completely control when and if that red LED flashes. It's called the "repeat notification" and it's a setting in every profile, every event for both in holster and out of holster. you could theoretically turn it OFF for everything except SMS texts, that way when you see it flashing you know it's because you had a text come in.