So I've been doing my homework and until I have 8320 Curve I learn that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

spamblockers no está en línea Stack level 2

Thumbs down Curve 8320 just vibrates when people call me...

Advertisement

So I've been doing my homework and until I have 8320 Curve I learn that there's a possibly problem with the speaker sound that's installed. I read off another forum which the OP posted a thread of similar issues he had with his phone but his wouldn't play any sound at all just vibrate!

My dilemma is that my phone no longer plays any sound but just vibrates when people call me periodically I have the profile on Loud/Normal and it still vibrates. At first I thought it was an issue with my battery being low (approx 15% when I first noticed the problem) so I charged it and figured that would do the trick...nope no luck, moving along then I thought it was an issue with phone memory so I removed a couple of themes I had installed and still nothing. So as I read on it appears the person accidentally dropped his phone and the sound started working again lol. As crazy as that sound I did the same but instead of dropping it I just tapped it on the side and that was the problem -- seems like blackberry created a great phone but the speakers sound is a little loose or the connection isn't fitted properly. The stupid thing is that the sound goes on and off periodically and I can't stand it! It's driving me nuts now

I originally purchased this phone on eBay (BNIB) and later proceeded with unlocking the phone by myself from another seller which provided me the code. Since the phone originally was not locked and I unlocked it would this void the 1 yr manufacturer warranty? And if it doesn't what would be the steps of getting in contact with the manufacturer so I can get a replacement?

Crappy situation but overall am please with my blackberry just this incident is spoiling it Any feedback would be great and thanks again.
    Motorola V750, V70, V235, V300, RAZR V3, SE K510, Samsung X820, SE W810i, Nokia 3110 Classic, BB 8320 Curve
    Kindness and honesty can only be expected from the strong. -- Unknown

Golda Meir no está en línea Stack level 1

Re: Curve 8320 just vibrates when people call me...

I've been having a similar situation. Even when I change the settings, it still only vibrates.

rhs1979 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    3068886F

Wow, that sucks!

Have you tried playing an mp3 or having a conversation in speakerphone mode? Does any sound come out of the speaker whatsoever?

spamblockers no está en línea Stack level 2

Actually I believe it was by the method I was taking it out of the Blackberry case. I would add pressure by grabbing it from the ear speakerphone and as a result it somehow got loose cause it not to ring lol. Anyways to make the long story short I no longer do that and my sound works without any issues.
    Motorola V750, V70, V235, V300, RAZR V3, SE K510, Samsung X820, SE W810i, Nokia 3110 Classic, BB 8320 Curve
    Kindness and honesty can only be expected from the strong. -- Unknown

frijolito no está en línea Stack level 3
    I now have the same issue! Dang it.. only 1 month old and ittakes 45 days to repair..

And its finally been accepted as a warranty case.... now all I have to do is wait 2 months for it to be repaired, the nice Cable and Wireless guys loaned me a Pearl 8100 in the meantime... thanks CW... PS that was meant to sound sarcastic!!! 2 months to repair a phone! and insult to injury a 8100 in the meantime!! arrgghhhh!

Byor no está en línea Stack level 1
    I also bought my unlocked BB on EBay about a month ago and it has been fantastic. I had the same problem last week and it drove me nuts.
    Problem was, I had my ringer as follows: Out of Holster: Vibrate+Tone.
    When calls came in, it just vibrated and never played the sound.
    To correct the problem, I pressed 'Profiles', scrolled to Advanced, pressed Normal (Active), scrolled to Phone, and pressed, then changed Out of Holster: Vibrate+Tone to Tone. Set Ring Tone and did the same for In Holster. On exit, SAVED.
    Called myself from a different phone and my phone rang. Hope this works for you.

By the way, does anyone know how to resolve the 'unknown caller' problem even when the number is in my contacts or is it acarrier specific problem?
    Am on Rogers in Canada. Thanks.

ajs3898 no está en línea Stack level 3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Unknown caller means the person that is calling you has called id block. It doesn't matter if you have them in your phone book or not, its still gonna show unknown caller.

Byor, thanks for the advice, but alas my speaker was broken. I had tried profiles and also the speaker phone and music player was silent, I now have it back working perfectly... until the next thing breaks!
    International numptee & Connoisseur of Stella Artois