My curve is getting sort of slow navigating around. Could this be because i have ... BlackBerry Curve forum

AlteredGenetics no está en línea Stack level 2

Curve 8310 slow performance

Advertisement

My curve is getting sort of slow navigating around. Could this be because i have so many messages on it?
    I have not added any programs to it since i got it.
    Is there a way to delete all messages or see how much memory is being used?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

Re: Curve 8310 slow performance

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You could be low on memory. Check your status under options.

You can delete all your messages by going to your messages and hit menu and select delete prior.

stnkyq2 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    IMTHTG

You can check the memory by hitting the alt, caps and H it will show how much memory you have left; along with PIN, IMEI and etc.
    You can delete the cache for the browser; menu/ options Cache operations. Delete the Content Cache, Cookies Cache.
    You can delete the "Event log" by holding down the alt key and type LGLG; go to menu/options and Clear log.

baseballkyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~Remove all unnecessary foreign languages. Remove PTT. Remove useless items like BrickBreaker. Install the latest OS.

Doing all these things should get your 8310 back up to speed! Good luck.

File free 15,554,577
    File total 54,919,168
    Is that bad?
    How do i remove languages and PTT

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

thats too little of memory.. gotta delete any cahche or unused languages or files such as "help" and "
    bb sample video"
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Lavagirl no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    AoleLava

Quote Originally Posted by AlteredGenetics View Post
    File free 15,554,577
    File total 54,919,168
    Is that bad?
    How do i remove languages and PTT
    To remove languages and PTT you need to have the OS for your device installed on your
    PC.

Check this thread for the latest OS for your device:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...70A3A6658DFDD5
    how to upgrade here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

To remove languages, once OS is installed on PC and you are ready to upgrade your device, when you run App Loader in DM you will uncheck the languages you don't want installed.

The easiest way to remove PTT once you have the OS installed on your PC is to
    go into the following directory:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.2.2.181_P2.5.0.35\Java
    click on View in the Window and change it to List so the files are easier to see
    and look for the following file:
    net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod
    and delete the file.
    Continue with your device upgrade after this file has been deleted.
    See the Official Latest OS threads updated regularly for All Devices.
    Forum Rules
    PinStack Trust Guide

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334 View Post
    thats too little of memory.. gotta delete any cahche or unused languages or files such as "help" and "
    bb sample video"

OK ill try to take off the languages and ptt.

cleared the cache already and deleted the sample video

iamgoofy no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    210ca18d

Lightbulb Re: Curve 8310 slow performance

when i conect my bb to my destop/manger to do a backup,,,everytime i do so afterwards my internet/browswer is no where to be found also my oz/im messenger is gone! and several other programs! the at&t reps dont have a clue as to how to help with this issue! all they ever do is resend service books! any help here? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lavagirl View Post
    To remove languages and PTT you need to have the OS for your device installed on your
    PC.

Check this thread for the latest OS for your device:
    https://www.blackberry.com/Downloads...70A3A6658DFDD5
    how to upgrade here:
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...rade_your.html

To remove languages, once OS is installed on PC and you are ready to upgrade your device, when you run App Loader in DM you will uncheck the languages you don't want installed.

The easiest way to remove PTT once you have the OS installed on your PC is to
    go into the following directory:
    C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files\8310-v4.2.2.181_P2.5.0.35\Java
    click on View in the Window and change it to List so the files are easier to see
    and look for the following file:
    net_rim_bb_phone_ptt_app.cod
    and delete the file.
    Continue with your device upgrade after this file has been deleted.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by iamgoofy View Post
    when i conect my bb to my destop/manger to do a backup,,,everytime i do so afterwards my internet/browswer is no where to be found also my oz/im messenger is gone! and several other programs! the at&t reps dont have a clue as to how to help with this issue! all they ever do is resend service books! any help here? thanks
    ok you asked this same question in your own thread an hour ago http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...op_issues.html
    please don't ask in several locations.. it makes it harder for those assisting to keep a history of things said/tried.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

I must be doing something wrong because i dont get the option to update after i install the latest desktop manager.
    I have been paying more attention to when my BB gets faulty and it seems to only be when i go to open text messages from certain people. and then if i try to respond it sits on send for a while. but other people it works fine with. weird

Well i deleted all my old messages a week ago which gave me back a bit of memory. but now im back to the same thing. and its still only when i text one person. anyone else who i have less messages from works fine. i have it set to save my messages for 30 days. i find it hard to believe that this is what is causing my problem. my razr held messages for months and never had a problem. maybe ill reload my os.

deshotels no está en línea Stack level 1
    Quote Originally Posted by AlteredGenetics View Post
    Well i deleted all my old messages a week ago which gave me back a bit of memory. but now im back to the same thing. and its still only when i text one person. anyone else who i have less messages from works fine. i have it set to save my messages for 30 days. i find it hard to believe that this is what is causing my problem. my razr held messages for months and never had a problem. maybe ill reload my os.
    Anyone resolve this? I have the same problem. Its only to one person, the one I send and receive the most txt from. Even after I deleted all my messages, that same day it started acting slow again. And then somedays, it seems like the reception or something alows me to have faster access to this one person's msgs but 95% of the time its slow. Any help?

Bananalex no está en línea Stack level 1
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    The unofficial OS 4.5.0.81 has a tremendous improvement concerning memory leaks.
    There's a great tool called "CrackMem" to delete unnecessary stuff. Make sure though you know what you are doing

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Altered,

One thing I don't think has been mentioned is got to your browswer, press the menu key, select options>browswer configuration and UNCHECK "Support JavaScript" - having that selected will often slow you to a crawl and, if you need Java support, you will be prompted for it. Good luck!
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com