i am think about getting the curve 8310 mainly because of the gps. i currently ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hknamja917 no está en línea Stack level 1

curve 8310 questions???

Advertisement

i am think about getting the curve 8310 mainly because of the gps. i currently have a pearl and love the map service i use but would be even better with the gps. so my question is if i get the 8310 is it a must to pay the $10 fee to use the gps even though i already have the unlimited data plan and i currently have tmobile and would this also effect the gps capabilities??? thanks

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Re: curve 8310 questions???

I don't believe T-mobile locks the GPS. Verizon does but they do not have the 83xx models.

xattica no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    GA

Hi. You wants to do exactly what I already do. ATT hide the BBmaps application. But your on T-Mobile. You can dload BBmaps, Mapquest or googlemaps and dont need to pay the $10. There are some good free maps applications with GPS capabilities.

vince1 no está en línea Community Pro
    PIN/ID
    Stack

I think mapquest is now a pay montyly service. So you can have google maps of bbmaps and amAze which gives you voice directions. But with amaze check with your service provider that they do not charge for the APN connection as this is the connection it uses.
    Mine charges for it but I think you should be ok. I'm sure someone in a min will confirm this.
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Cisco Kidd no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by xattica View Post
    Hi. You wants to do exactly what I already do. ATT hide the BBmaps application. But your on T-Mobile. You can dload BBmaps, Mapquest or googlemaps and dont need to pay the $10. There are some good free maps applications with GPS capabilities.

You will not get turn by turn Voice with the BBmaps,mapquest or googlemap

The $10.00 amonth is for telenav.com server

I love the service has a lot of stuff like gas prices Ect plus telenav updates there maps every 3 months
    BBmaps,mapquest or googlemap don't

I love on a new street BBmaps,mapquest or googlemap dont show the street and telenav did.

telenav now has 30 day try.

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

You will have to find an unlocked 8310. I'm on TMO using one. You going to have to find one used or pay the full price which is around $480 after taxes. Good luck

Trommler no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2414ded9

I've been using MapQuest Navigator with my 8310 for the last month and I'm very happy with the results. It is being offered at $4.99 a month until the end of the year when I think it doubles. Thus far, it has been well worth the $5 a month and I've had no issues with it.

SDinSD no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by Trommler View Post
    I've been using MapQuest Navigator with my 8310 for the last month and I'm very happy with the results. It is being offered at $4.99 a month until the end of the year when I think it doubles. Thus far, it has been well worth the $5 a month and I've had no issues with it.
    X2

But...it will not double at the end of the month if ordered before the end of the month.

If you subscribe to Mapquest before Dec. 31st you will be grandfathered in for the 4.99/mo price for as long as you keep your account active.

If you subscribe after Dec 31st., you will pay 9.99/mo.

This information was just clarified today. See this post.