Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Same here. Just got my 4 yesterday and it works better and faster then my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

lovin2act no está en línea Stack level 4

Re: Curve 8310 MicroSD Cards

Advertisement

Same here. Just got my 4 yesterday and it works better and faster then my 2.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

If you go back a year or two to these same type of discussion threads, everyone was wondering when 2GB support was coming out. As the capacity increases and availability increases, RIM will continue to release OS improvements that allow us to take advantage of the higher capacity cards.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Dawei64 no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Re: Curve 8310 MicroSD Cards

Hi Guys

Totally new to Backberry - infact I don't get mine 8310 till 3 days from now. I am wanting to buy a MicroSD card for it and wondering how much difference the memory speed makes to the performance of the Blackberry.

I am looking at 2or 3 different memory cards at the moment...

Microdia Micro SD 2GB XTRA PRO (24MB/Sec) and Microdia Micro SDHC 4GB XTRA Plus (12.3MB/Sec).

Another option is the 8GB Sandisk Card, but it is a Class 4 speed - which apparently means only 4MB/Sec.

I always like to get the maximum amount of memory I can get for devices, but am wondering am I better off getting the faster 2GB card over slower 4 or 8GB card.

My question is in real life useage of the Blackberry - how much difference will use of the faster card make?

(If it helps with the answer - I will be mainly doing email and running a CRM database application.)

dropinoc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    313b4f38

do you 4gb micro SD guys have SDHC or just your standard.. microsd 4gb?

I think sdhc has issues with BB..

everytime I load over 2.2 gbs of data (music or vids) it won't work and states media card is corrupted.

anyone else get this?

oh well waste of money... time to waste some more...

jmajluf no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21ABC057

How large a card can an 8310 support?
    2, 4, 8 GB?
    Does the size impact on the device's performance?

Quote Originally Posted by dropinoc View Post
    do you 4gb micro SD guys have SDHC or just your standard.. microsd 4gb?

I got the 4gb SDHC. Had zero probs whatsoever. In fact I put it into my pc first and loaded it up from my other 2gb card that was in my phone before it. Once loaded I put it in the phone and found it was faster, and stored music better than my smaller card.
    The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, some1 said 2 thmslvs "U knw, I really want 2 set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close engh to get the job done".

rawmeats no está en línea Stack level 2

just outta curiosity...
    how much stuff do ya'll put on a 4gig.. or even a 6gig?

are there programs or games out there that i can't find that are extremely large in file size and worth running?

because i put music and some music videos on my phone but i don't really find myself watching them that often. i really only use that stuff for downtime.

but i have a 2gig that i got at a good price cause of Black Friday madness, and i still have plenty of room on it.

I pretty much have music, vids, and pics on mine. Not really a gamer except for the all addictive brickbreakin :-)

But if you feel you dont need more space then stay with what you got for now! Use the money for something else. Plus the longer you put it off, the better it will be on your wallet cause my $40 4gb card will be $20 in short time I am quite sure, and less and less as the cards get bigger and bigger.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12