Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello Curve Users, In answer to my question I'm not sure if there is a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

marian_h no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve 8310 MicroSD Cards

Advertisement

Hello Curve Users,

In answer to my question I'm not sure if there is a different between all the Curve models (8300, 8310 and 8320).
    Anyhow I have the 8310 and I wish to expand the memory using a MicroSD card.

I'm confused with the maximum capacity that the BB can take. RIM people say 2GB, while I found reference of people posting that they are using 4GB and more.

Could you please post your phone model and the MicroSD card you are using, including the brand and if possible the model of the MicroSD card.

I don't want to buy something that is not going to work and I appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Hagay.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: Curve 8310 MicroSD Cards

I think you will find that all the 83xx phones will take as big as microsdhc you can put in them but there have been some formatting issues with how they are setup and installed. I have read that 2gb and 4gb have been installed with no issues. On the other hand the folks that have used 6gb cards started out having some issues but I think those are starting to work themselves out as people learn now to format them correctly. Search the forums and you will find some useful posts about this. I don't think 8gb or higher cards are out yet but you will probably see those hit the market or at least become more available as the holiday season approaches. Keep in mind that the newer the card the higher the price. I am getting ready to order a 4gb card myself. The prices are low enough and the extra memory of a 6gb is just not as appealing as the higher price on those cards.

But...like any techie item...I am sure as soon as I hit the purchase button the price will drop and be closer to the 4gb. C'est la vie!

Mizzou no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E22C7E

I took my 2gb out of my pearl and works fine. I was thinking about getting a bigger card but dont use the space for songs (have Ipod) or pictures (have DSCT2/B Sony Cybershot). Maybe I can use it for alot of ringtones.

Can you run your themes off the memory card?

Kevin

yensid no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID

You can't run your themes off your memory card, sorry~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Mizzou no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    20E22C7E

Thanks...so I guess I don't need to upgrade the card then.

Kevin

ChrisMc73 no está en línea Stack level 3

yeah whats the limit on the Curve, 2gb or 4gb, or 8gb?

Eloquence no está en línea Stack level 2

Currently it's 4GB SDHC (high capacity) microSD cards. We're all hoping that the 4.31 OS due out for curve in about a month or so unlocks that potential all the way up to 32GB.

As of this point, no one has gotten even the 6GB cards to work 100% stable all the time with all of the available capacity.

Hope this helps.
    -Elo

rudyslb no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Curve 8310 MicroSD Cards - Multiple Partitions?

Quote Originally Posted by Eloquence View Post
    Currently it's 4GB SDHC (high capacity) microSD cards. We're all hoping that the 4.31 OS due out for curve in about a month or so unlocks that potential all the way up to 32GB.

As of this point, no one has gotten even the 6GB cards to work 100% stable all the time with all of the available capacity.

Hope this helps.
    -Elo

Has anyone been able to create multiple partition on a 6GB card?
    Can we create 3x 2GB partitions on a 6GB card, and use it in the blackberry?

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Creative... but, not likely to work -

4GB is what i just installed yesterday with NO issue at all... plugged it in and copied everything over via a sd backup folder i created... now showing 2.7GB available

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

ChrisMc73 no está en línea Stack level 3

This is great information, thanks everyone. I guess for now I'll go with 4gb and cheaper prices.
    Then if the new OS comes out and can handle more, I'll think about an upgrade then.

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

I have a 1gig in mine right now. All I need.
    /~*brooke

dropinoc no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    313b4f38

6GB SDHC WILL NOT WORK WITH 4.3 DESKTOP SOFTWARE.. TRIED A MILLION THINGS TO IT.

BETTER OFF WITH STANDARD 2GB CARDS... MICRO SD 4GB WILL SLOW THE CRAP OUT OF YOUR Bb

HOPE THEY FIX THIS SOON... I NEED ALL THE GIGS I CAN GET FOR THOSE LONG POKER SESSIONS!!!

DARN IT...

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

My 4GB hasn't slowed me down significantly at all - - -

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

Gary Proctor no está en línea Stack level 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheRiddler View Post
    I think you will find that all the 83xx phones will take as big as microsdhc you can put in them but there have been some formatting issues with how they are setup and installed. I have read that 2gb and 4gb have been installed with no issues. On the other hand the folks that have used 6gb cards started out having some issues but I think those are starting to work themselves out as people learn now to format them correctly. Search the forums and you will find some useful posts about this. I don't think 8gb or higher cards are out yet but you will probably see those hit the market or at least become more available as the holiday season approaches. Keep in mind that the newer the card the higher the price. I am getting ready to order a 4gb card myself. The prices are low enough and the extra memory of a 6gb is just not as appealing as the higher price on those cards.

But...like any techie item...I am sure as soon as I hit the purchase button the price will drop and be closer to the 4gb. C'est la vie!
    Hi There

When you say format 'properly', can you explain, I am new to Bb and I have installed a 6Gb Micro SD card, which when formatted reduces to 1.6Gb. Any idea how I can get anymore out of the card?

Many thanks.

Dasher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    21F6D890

I have a Sandisk 4GB on my 8320 & it works perfectly fine.
    Last edited by Dasher; 11-21-2007 at 02:06 PM.
    A fool always finds a greater fool to admire him. Fools admire, but men of sense approve.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast