Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Originally Posted by brokenbricks 2. Is there a single button (or configure something to use ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rawmeats no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Curve 8310 (AT&T) Questions

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by brokenbricks View Post

2. Is there a single button (or configure something to use a single button) to lock the phone? On the treo you could hit the big red button on the right and it would lock the phone then hit it to bring it back up and hit he circle button to unlock. Was wondering if there was a way to do that with the Curve, so you hit only one certain button to lock, and one to unlock.
    i personally use the "side convenience keys"
    (the buttons conveniently located on both sides of the phone)

I use the left side key as the lock key and I kept the right side button defaulted as the camera button.

if you open up "options" and scroll down to the "screen/keyboard" button, there's two options towards the bottom labeled "right side convenience key opens:" and "left side convenience key opens:"

ever since i've had my blackberry, i've changed the left side key to to "keyboard lock"

the only downside is that you're sacrificing the option of having it set as "voice dialing," only i don't use voice dialing, so it works out for me.

inyoface no está en línea Stack level 1

I need help i am a rookie i just got my bb curve 8310 and my personal e-mail icon is not showiin on my screen how do i get it to appear?

cabron no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    If you are talking about the personal email set up button what you canm try is re sending your service books.
    In the media net browser click blackberry start and follow the instructions

I am talking about the icon to log in to see bb e-mails.

PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    Have you already registered your email account to bis?
    If yes, resend the service books, if no, register your email adress first on the same page.

PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/wap/10...JcBvITr6Lw89E5

This is the page to register/ re-send service books
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

It was not registered and now it appears. Thanks!

PIN/ID
    2466A9E4
    No problem!

brokenbricks no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by rawmeats View Post
    i personally use the "side convenience keys"
    (the buttons conveniently located on both sides of the phone)

I use the left side key as the lock key and I kept the right side button defaulted as the camera button.

if you open up "options" and scroll down to the "screen/keyboard" button, there's two options towards the bottom labeled "right side convenience key opens:" and "left side convenience key opens:"

ever since i've had my blackberry, i've changed the left side key to to "keyboard lock"

the only downside is that you're sacrificing the option of having it set as "voice dialing," only i don't use voice dialing, so it works out for me.
    Thanks for the info, I guess I don't have a problem locking the phone because it is only hitting one button, but I wish you could unlock it by hitting only one button. I know hitting those two buttons isn't all that hard, guess I am just used to my Treo and would need to get used to it.

Actually, is there away that the phone automatically locks when the backlight turns off?? That is how it was for the Treo and I really liked that.

So far I have been trying the Standby mode suggestion and don't mind that.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

There is a way to have it lock after the screen times out (it is under the security options screen, must first enter pass code and then option appears), but then you would have to enter a security code each time to unlock the device, much more or a pain than the standby key. I would say as others have said and get the pocket case or the holster or pouch with the sleeper magnet to shut down the screen and lock the keypad when put into (also saves the battery life as it shuts everything down automatically and no pass codes or keys to press at all.

brokenbricks no está en línea Stack level 2

Cool thanks. I did find an app called AutoLock from geekandproud.net. Seems to do what I want. Just wish there was a way to change it to unlock with one key!

If I didn't mind the whole holster/pouch thing that would be a great idea, but I like keeping it in my pocket.

Thanks.

squeakr no está en línea Stack level 4

The 8320 came with a sleeve that has the sleeper function and is made for carrying it in your pocket. May want to look into that as it is an OEM product from RIM, T-Mo includes it in the box though (AT$T never gave me anything free with my devices, although the 8800 came with the OEM pouch, but I didn't buy that device as I ddn;t like the size or keyboard, the Curve is the largest that I would want a device to be).

PIN/ID
    2466A9E4

Didn't realize you had already found the application, but here's the link anyways :
    http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...eset_apps.html
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rawmeats no está en línea Stack level 2

Quote Originally Posted by brokenbricks View Post
    Thanks for the info, I guess I don't have a problem locking the phone because it is only hitting one button, but I wish you could unlock it by hitting only one button. I know hitting those two buttons isn't all that hard, guess I am just used to my Treo and would need to get used to it.

Actually, is there away that the phone automatically locks when the backlight turns off?? That is how it was for the Treo and I really liked that.

So far I have been trying the Standby mode suggestion and don't mind that.
    Hey, i'm still using my 755, so we're in the same boat.

Blackdude no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    205BC604

Question Curve 8320 (AT&T) Questions

Hi everyone.
    i just got a Curve 8320 and will appreciate it very much if someone can tell me what i need to know about it and what isn't right about it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12