Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hi, newly converted from the Treo 755p (Sprint) . Liking the Curve and BB so ... BlackBerry Curve forum

brokenbricks no está en línea Stack level 2

Curve 8310 (AT&T) Questions

Advertisement

Hi, newly converted from the Treo 755p (Sprint) . Liking the Curve and BB so far but have a couple questions hopefully someone can answer:

1. Is there a third party app to make the volume louder when on a call. It seems to me to be a bit quieter then the Treo, and I had a 3rd party app for that.

2. Is there a single button (or configure something to use a single button) to lock the phone? On the treo you could hit the big red button on the right and it would lock the phone then hit it to bring it back up and hit he circle button to unlock. Was wondering if there was a way to do that with the Curve, so you hit only one certain button to lock, and one to unlock.

3. In the Call log, how can you tell if the call was missed, placed, or received?

Thanks in advance!

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Re: Curve 8310 (AT&T) Questions

1.) I'm not sure about the 3rd party app for that, hopefully someone else will have an answer.

2.) I just got my curve a few days ago and had this same issue. To lock the keys, go to the call screen like you are going to make a call, go to options, and then turn OFF calling from the home screen. you will then be able to just press the letter K and it will lock the keys.

3.) Missed calls have a picture of the phone with an X over it.
    Placed calls have an arrow going out.
    Received calls have an arrow pointing in.

Hope that helps!
    /~*brooke

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

i haven't seen any 3rd party apps to make the bb louder either

have you checked to make sure you have it at its loudest?
    in the same menu that brooke shows in #2, check the last one and it says 'default call volume' -- make sure it is at 100%

welcome to pinstack

croman no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207b39f0

2) press the button on the TOP of the Curve - the Silver one. hold it for about 1 second and it puts the BB on standby (you can still receive calls etc) to take it off standby press the same button.

hope that helps

^^ Yes you can always place it on standby as well. I personally like having it set to where it does not call from the home screen because it keeps your bb from placing those "pocket" or "purse" calls. haha
    /~*brooke

LaTuFu no está en línea Stack level 9
    PIN/ID
    Just Ax

Or you can get the handy dandy OEM Slipcase, which will put the Curve in sleep mode while its in the case. It will wake up when a call or message comes in, and when you pull it out of the case it wakes up and unlocks the keyboard. Allows you to carry in your purse or pocket without getting key/coin scratches, and keeps lint out of the keyboard. Plus you never have to lock the keys.
    If I knew where I was going, I might already be there. -- Cross Canadian Ragweed.

Quote Originally Posted by brooke03 View Post
    2.) I just got my curve a few days ago and had this same issue. To lock the keys, go to the call screen like you are going to make a call, go to options, and then turn OFF calling from the home screen. you will then be able to just press the letter K and it will lock the keys.

3.) Missed calls have a picture of the phone with an X over it.
    Placed calls have an arrow going out.
    Received calls have an arrow pointing in.

Hope that helps!
    Ok, thank you for the quick responses. Is the "Call Screen" the screen you get when you click on the phone icon? If so I just get the name of person that called or called me but no arrows or X's??

I did find the options on that page and went to general options and see there is a Phone List View selection which mine shows "Most Recent" not sure if that needs to be changed?

Best pic I could find... ha

These things:

That arrow is pointing away from the phone, so that means it's an outgoing. Missed calls will be a yellow phone with an 'x' and rec'd calls will be that same blue phone (as pictured) but with a green arrow pointing towards the phone.
    /~*brooke

Hmm.. How would you go about getting to that screen? I just hit the Phone icon and it brings up a list of callers but no icons like that.

I think I may be looking in the wrong place. Where is the Call history actually located?

Thanks.

Just hit the send button (green phone).. it will be under there.
    /~*brooke

Ok, I had to change the phone list view in options to "Call Log" all set now.

Thanks for all the help.

Welcome! Glad it worked.
    /~*brooke

Is there a way to change what letter corresponds to what application. So if I wanted to change the lock to be letter L could I do that, etc?

Nope, I think those are just the default shortcuts. You can change the left and right convenience keys though...I just posted a thread with all of the shortcuts too, since I'm sure they will come in handy to others. (I know they did for me!)

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...178#post494178
    /~*brooke

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

I switched to the Curve from a Treo also and one of the main reasons was what I felt was an inferior phone in the Treo. The Curve has far surpassed all aspects of the Treo in my book. I highly doubt I would ever leave the world of BB now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast