i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a Inter milan theme for ... BlackBerry Curve forum

rojoe10 no está en línea Stack level 1

curve 8310

Advertisement

i was wondering if anyone knew where i could get a Inter milan theme for my phone and also if anyone knows if you can get the gps to work without the data plan?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    You can always search in the Themes Forum for a custom theme or ask and see if anyone can make one.

The GPS does work without a data plan, but you will need a data plan for it to be of any use, because the phone needs to download the maps.

jgagnon01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    245287E8
    There is no possible way to get the gps working without the data plan. And no idea about the Inter Milan theme. But you can add an Inter Milan pic to your BB and use it as your wallpaper.

rojoe10 no está en línea Stack level 1
    i have the maps but still it does not work even if i use a different gps program like nav4all or amaze still doesnt work how do i fix it?

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    The BlackberryMaps program or GoogleMaps or whatever you are using needs access to your data plan for it to work. The only way is with a data plan enabled and the correct permissions set.

PIN/ID
    245287E8
    Even with the free programs you need a data plan to plan and follow a route. It's a load of BS, I know. The only thing you can do with the GPS without a data plan is locate yourself and use a GPS tracker like TrekBuddy.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ also if your phone is a blackberry from att or your provider they try to block other nav software so you use theirs there is a fix for that.

pegb856 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    A Colata
    The reason a data plan is needed is that BB does not allow for application data to be stored on a media card (for security purposes) and map data is too large for storage on the device internally. Therefore all map data is stored remotely and has to be accessed over the internet and is loaded onto the device on an "as needed" basis, so you need access to that constant stream of data when using map applications.

I hope this clarifies why a data plan is needed.

PIN/ID
    245287E8
    Quote Originally Posted by pegb856 View Post
    The reason a data plan is needed is that BB does not allow for application data to be stored on a media card (for security purposes) and map data is too large for storage on the device internally. Therefore all map data is stored remotely and has to be accessed over the internet and is loaded onto the device on an "as needed" basis, so you need access to that constant stream of data when using map applications.

I hope this clarifies why a data plan is needed.
    Thanks! That explains alot! I still wish I didn't need a data plan!