I posted this messege in the wrong place before. I have a blackberry 8300, and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

gurkiran04 no está en línea Stack level 1

Curve (8300) Problems

Advertisement

I posted this messege in the wrong place before. I have a blackberry 8300, and I'm using it on fido/rogers network. (I have two SIM cards). Basically, I can't make calls probably 90% of the time. It keeps switching from GSM, GPRS, EGDE consistently, like every few seconds, especially when I'm trying to make calls. I know its not my service and I dont have a data plan. I used the 8800 before, and it worked perfectly fine. So I'm thinking hardware or software. I tried downloading new software, and reset the damn thing, but its stilling kicking out and coming back in. But sometimes I can make calls. And I tried turning the data service off, still nothing. I've seen Error 424, once. And usually it says call failed when it doesnt go through. and I've reseted a few times. Any help would be appericated. I've looked on the net for similar situations, but came up short. Thanks

melissaox no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Curve (8300) Problems

any luck?
    Success is not final, Failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that matters.
    My Blog , My Flickr

None! Now it seems its even worse, it doesnt seem to be making any calls. And still continues to kick from GSM, grps, and then egde. grps and egde are always lower case and GSM is always uppercase. Is there any way I can turn of grps and edge and just get the GSM with out going through the provider? And I've already selected data service off. I've tried a fido and rogers sim card - both same results. And I dont even know where I can take to get it serviced because its from the UK - Vodofone, and I'm in canada. Stupid problems!
    Any suggestions are welcome!
    Blackberry 8300.

macallik no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    AskMe

Did you wipe the device?

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Quote Originally Posted by gurkiran04 View Post
    None! Now it seems its even worse, it doesnt seem to be making any calls. And still continues to kick from GSM, grps, and then egde. grps and egde are always lower case and GSM is always uppercase. Is there any way I can turn of grps and edge and just get the GSM with out going through the provider? And I've already selected data service off. I've tried a fido and rogers sim card - both same results. And I dont even know where I can take to get it serviced because its from the UK - Vodofone, and I'm in canada. Stupid problems!
    Any suggestions are welcome!
    Blackberry 8300.
    you might have to reload a new OS. was it a brand new BB??

It's not a brand new one. But fairly new, it was brought overseas, so I can't be 100% sure. My friend was using it on his rogers account, and he said it worked alright. I tried wiping it again, I wiped it a few times. Orginally its a Vodafone (Unlocked) and then i tried uploading a Rogers OS. And then i jus recently replaced it with the latest Vodafone update. It seems to be making a couple more calls, but still basically not working. Every time I make a call it just cycles from 'egde' down to 'gprs' and then to GSM, where it kind of just stalls there and then says call failed. And then if you leave it alone, it'll go back up to edge. I've tried it with Two sim cards as well, same results. I have no idea what else to do.......

Rcbjr no está en línea Stack Pro
    PIN/ID
    PM - Ask

Sounds to me like its got hardware problems. You might just be out of luck if you bought it used. Sorry for the bad news.

Rcbjr.
    You Ask, We Will Answer
    Can’t Install theme via DM?No Additional Apps Found for Your Device
    Links to Usefull KB Articles

I hope was really hoping that it wouldn't be hardware problems, but had an idea it might be. Does anyone know of any diagnostic programs I can use to maybe check it out in further detail or confirm that it is hardware? Or anywhere I can send it to, so they can check it out or fix/repair it? Or is it not worth it? AND is there anyway I can jus use the GSM network, instead of gprs or edge or is that through the provider?