Hi. Somebody knows when the 4.5 OS update for BB Curve 8300 is released? I'm ... BlackBerry Curve forum

MANX no está en línea Stack level 2

Curve 8300 4.5 OS Telcel (Mexico) when?

Advertisement

Hi. Somebody knows when the 4.5 OS update for BB Curve 8300 is released? I'm in Telcel Mexico carrier. Regards

crazy_cajun no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31b6fa46

Smile official os versus speculation

here is the latest OFFICIAL os for your curve :
    Newest Curve 8300 OS from SmarTone-Vodafone - v4.2.2.265 / 4.2.2.146

as far as release dates for the official releases of all the curve blackberry's
    you would have better luck predicting the numbers for a lottery drawing......
    speculation only seems to make the waiting longer..... kinda like the old saying a watched pot of water will not boil....

peguero no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Quote Originally Posted by MANX View Post
    Hi. Somebody knows when the 4.5 OS update for BB Curve 8300 is released? I'm in Telcel Mexico carrier. Regards
    My friend- The 4.5 OS is a leprochan riding on a unicorn thru the Shire on a quest to thru Narnia.

this OS is smoke and mirrors- beta versions are floating around but official releases will not happen. Many have been waiting for months, meanwhile BOLD, THUNDER, KICKSTART and who knows how many other new models using OS 4.6. Start saving some $$ cause new OS will mean getting a new phone
    5RAWMINUTES!

"Things that you want to change in the world have to start inside yourself. You have to be thinking. You have to be resisting. You have to be talking."
    – George Carlin

asdf12321 no está en línea Stack level 2
    Quote Originally Posted by MANX View Post
    Hi there.
    From previous experiences with telcel, they do not release "major" updates, only serious bugfixes. My prediction is that by the end of this year they will start selling curves with the 4.5 OS installed and advertise them as the "new" curve or whatever, but they will not make the update available to current owners.

guigonca no está en línea Stack level 1
    I'm with telcel too and i'm running os 4.5(eastasia),you don't have to wait until telcel upgrade to the new os,si lo quieres asi pues mejor espera sentado.

karenina28 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    2253ADB3

upgrade to 4.5OS for 8310

Hi! I was looking for some options to upgrade from a 4.2 to a 4.5 the only thing that I`ve found was that Telefonica has alredy the upgrade. I guess if the vendor file is deleted it can work perfectly on your BB . : )
    the page is
    http://www.miblackberry.com/2008/07/...y-uruguay.html
    Last edited by karenina28; 08-06-2008 at 11:35 AM.

fritzdoss no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    249F61CB