Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by SokudoBlade 5) not use this line of service to replace an existing ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kpfury no está en línea Stack level 2

Re: Curve $49.99 Amazon.com

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by SokudoBlade
    5) not use this line of service to replace an existing account with AT&T. If these conditions are not met, you hereby authorize Amazon.com to charge your credit card $250 as reimbursement of this equipment discount without need for further approval."
    Does this mean I CANNOT cancel my current contract w/ AT&T (within 30 day trial) and order from Amazon without getting charged the $250?

amanda0769 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask

I really want a curve and my ATT contract ran out over a month ago...do you think getting it through Amazon is a better deal than going to an ATT store or ATT online? I mean the cost is only $.01 on Amazon for the phone and ATT wants $399 down then you get $100 back in rebates. I'm just a little skeptical about doing it online through Amazon I dont want to get screwed. Can anyone see a way I could get screwed by buying it from Amazon.com? I would appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

rabbie303 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Just Ask

Amanda you can always do what i did months ago if this doesnt work out. Nothing is holding you to ATT so play hard ball. tell them another company is offering you a deal to switch and unless you get a good deal you are leaving. I told ATT i would switch to TMO if they didnt cut me a deal. so instead of my pearl at $299, i paid $99 for it. this was when they first came out. dunno up to you :-)
    ~Erich~
    ---60% of the time it works every time--

PIN/ID
    Ask

Thanks Rabbie303 for the advice. Does anyone have any input on Amazon.com or bought a phone from them? Anyway I can get screwed over by them?

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Hey Amanda,

I picked up the Curve from Amazon on Friday (It came yesterday, yay!). The important thing to pay attention to is Amazon's special clause about canceling or not paying your bill. Assuming you behave correctly for Amazon's little 180 day trial period than yes, absolutely skip AT&T corporate and get the deal off Amazon.

In the box my Curve came in, there was a sheet that explains how to switch your existing AT&T account over to the new one that gets created with the Amazon purchase. If you have any questions about it, call AT&T and ask.

As far as pricing, right now AT&T will not match the deal that Amazon is sporting. They simply can't, the Amazon thing is a special promotion to undermine the release of the iphone.

On a seperate note, the curve is now $-74 on Amazon! Anyone else amazed by this? I thought -$30 was good.

tomdkat no está en línea Stack level 3

Its now a penny plus the 75 dollar rebate = 74.99 in your pocket

Ya, the price drop has gone out of control on this device. If anyone bought in early, you can get your money back! Amazon has a secret 30 day price guarentee that you can exercise. See this slate article for more info!

I just requested my $30 refund for this drop to -$74.

takeshi no está en línea Stack level 7

Quote Originally Posted by amanda0769
    Does anyone have any input on Amazon.com or bought a phone from them? Anyway I can get screwed over by them?
    I've ordered two Blackberries from them without any problems.

Heckler no está en línea Stack level 1

Hello...soon to be Blackberry newbie here. I have two questions regarding the Amazon 8300 Blackberry that I have been unable to find a definite answer on.

1) do the included instructions explain how to transfer my current Verizon number over
    2) what exactly is the return policy, can I exchange the Blackberry for another one if I am not happy with the first one for any reason. Or will Amazon consider this a warranty issue? Thanks.

PIN/ID
    Ask

I think I'm going to go for it! So I may be a new Curver w/lots o questions! lol.

PIN/ID
    Ask

OK just placed my order and it only cost me a penny! So I guess I'm selling an 8700c if anyone is interested PM me! cant wait to get curvy! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Heckler
    1) do the included instructions explain how to transfer my current Verizon number over
    2) what exactly is the return policy, can I exchange the Blackberry for another one if I am not happy with the first one for any reason. Or will Amazon consider this a warranty issue? Thanks.
    Hey there, I'm new to. I actually moved my number from Verizon to AT&T yesterday. I explained how to handle the process here: How to Move from Verizon to AT&T.

Quote Originally Posted by amanda0769
    OK just placed my order and it only cost me a penny! So I guess I'm selling an 8700c if anyone is interested PM me! cant wait to get curvy! lol
    Good job, I was so pumped to get mine yesterday. It really is a great device.

Can i cancel my current ATT contract (still under 30-day trial) and get the one from Amazon for -$75 without getting charged the additional $250?

I'm not sure. Better call AT&T. (report back!)

I called Amazon, and they confirmed that as long as you don't replace an existing number w/ the same number via Amazon, you won't get hit w/ the $250. So for those w/ a NEW AT&T acct (and within the 30-day trial) you can cancel the contract and order again from Amazon for the -$75.00. Not sure what happens w/ your # if you already ported it to AT&T though...

Also, as long as you don't alter or cancel your contract within the 1st 6 months, you won't get hit w/ the $250 Amazon charge on top of the AT&T fee. After that, if you decide to cancel you will only be charged the $175 cancellation fee from AT&T. The only downside to this is you end up spending an add'l $36 for activation fee. But I'll gladly pay that to get my $300 back from AT&T (didn't send in the rebate yet) AND on top of that get a $75 rebate from Amazon. =) Oh yea, I also ordered a holster from Amazon as they're $20 shipped there, and gonna return the $30+ one i bought from the AT&T store.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast