Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Amazon.com is advertising a Conditional $250 Equipment Discount Included which drops the price of the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

BBpush099 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046327c

Lightbulb Curve $49.99 Amazon.com

Advertisement

Amazon.com is advertising a Conditional $250 Equipment Discount Included which drops the price of the device to 49.99. If you have recently purchased the device which most of have you can simply call them and ask them to match the amazon price and they will credit your account. I bought my phone in a att store at $299+tax then I can send in the $100 mail in rebate. They credited my account $150 and I still need to send in the $100 rebate. All you have to do ask. Hope this post helps save you guys a few dollars. Hurry no telling how long this deal will last.
    I'm true to the game called Blackberry!

jetsetter no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Curve $49.99 Amazon.com

This deal has sweetened in the past two days to include a $75 rebate. With a 2-year contract you can now get the Curve from Amazon for $-25.01. So you get paid $25 to buy the curve there now.

I printed it out and am taking it into my local AT&T wireless store at lunch today. I'll post their reaction / as to whether they can match it or beat it.

kabirjohnson no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    249e4ba5

I tried but it didn't work. They won't match the price.

I just got back and had the same thing happen. They won't come near the price, AT&T's corporate stores still want $199 after a rebate still. Crazy.

They guy tried to counter by saying that you have to pay Amazon $250 if you cancel the contract within 181 days on top of the AT&T cancellation fee of $187. (This is true, see below.)

However, the price difference is $199 in store versus -$25.01 online, or $225 anyway--and since I probably (definitely) will not cancel the service anyway--why would I want to pay this money up front?

Basically if you walk into a AT&T store and buy an 8300 today you are getting owned.

Amazon's $250 181 day rule:
    Conditional $250 Equipment Discount Included: Your price paid includes an equipment discount of $250 that has been provided to you in exchange for either activating a new, non-substitute line of service or renewing an existing line of service with AT&T and your agreement that for the 181-day period following such activation or renewal you will: (1) pay your balance due to AT&T each month and otherwise maintain your account in good standing; (2) not disconnect this AT&T line of service; (3) not transfer this equipment to another AT&T line of service; (4) not change your AT&T service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate--this includes canceling or removing required PDA, BlackBerry, or smartphone features after your product has shipped; (5) not use this line of service to replace an existing account with AT&T. If these conditions are not met, you hereby authorize Amazon.com to charge your credit card $250 as reimbursement of this equipment discount without need for further approval.

flash24 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    3319688f

Damn I got mine for $99, I should've waited. lol

BBpush099 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2046327c

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    What I forgot to add before was I was advised to speak with a manager at first they did say no. I then called the store and choose the sales line whether I was talking to the store manager or someone in a remote solutions center I am not sure. The manager seemed to have done this credit before and did it with no quesions so dont give up just yet.

Hey peeps.

This must be because of the iPhone release today, but the 8300 is now at -$30 on Amazon. I.e. they are paying you $30 for a 2 year contract and to take the Curve.

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

the Iphone is not being released until the 29th. not today.

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

check the fine print
    "Conditional $250 Equipment Discount Included: Your price paid includes an equipment discount of $250 that has been provided to you in exchange for either activating a new, non-substitute line of service or renewing an existing line of service with AT&T and your agreement that for the 181-day period following such activation or renewal you will: (1) pay your balance due to AT&T each month and otherwise maintain your account in good standing; (2) not disconnect this AT&T line of service; (3) not transfer this equipment to another AT&T line of service; (4) not change your AT&T service rate plan to a lower monthly service rate--this includes canceling or removing required PDA, BlackBerry, or smartphone features after your product has shipped; (5) not use this line of service to replace an existing account with AT&T. If these conditions are not met, you hereby authorize Amazon.com to charge your credit card $250 as reimbursement of this equipment discount without need for further approval."
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Your better going to your local cingular/att store and asking them to match the 49.99 price after the $100 rebate. I did a couple of these for my customers.
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

HeyMrRadio no está en línea Themes Pro

Is there any reason why they wouldn't match the price in the store? I just got off the phone with the store that I purchased mine from and they said they had no idea about the deal...

Quote Originally Posted by c3po25
    the Iphone is not being released until the 29th. not today.
    Of course. I don't know why I said that.

Quote Originally Posted by HeyMrRadio
    Is there any reason why they wouldn't match the price in the store? I just got off the phone with the store that I purchased mine from and they said they had no idea about the deal...
    Ya, this is the same experience I had at the AT&T store in Wilsonville, OR. In person the store employee I spoke with either did not know or pretended to not know that the Curve was being virtually given away online.

I called AT&T's general sales phone number (1-888-333-6651) and spoke with someone about buying the curve. They also could not match anything near Amazon's. He said he could only sell it for what the at&t website had it priced at.

Quote Originally Posted by the fine print
    [for 181 days] (1) pay your balance due to AT&T each month and otherwise maintain your account in good standing;
    Maybe they have data that shows that once a customer makes it to the six month mark they are very likely to stick it out two full years (and beyond) without cancelling. By creating this extra incentive against dropping the service, Amazon is essentially feeding beyond highly-qualified leads to AT&T.

It's hard to believe that this early break on the device is not part of a counter offensive to the iPhone. Supposedly, a whole lot of people are sitting around with around $500 to drop on an iPhone. RIM has the most to lose if they don't capture some of these people as customers. They're going to be paying AT&T no matter what device they choose.
    Last edited by jetsetter; 06-24-2007 at 02:39 AM.

Hey y'all. The Curve price went back up to $39.00 on Amazon this morning.

Whoa. That is crazy. The rebate is back, and now the phone costs -$35.02!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast