When I try to change the currency key to Euro; it only displays a question ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mikisw no está en línea Stack level 1

Currency Key

Advertisement

When I try to change the currency key to Euro; it only displays a question mark in the text. The only key that will apply to the currency key is an American dollar sign. Does anyone know how to repair this?

getsugatensho no está en línea Stack Professional
    Not sure really but you could try hooking up to DM and adding one of the other language packs that might have it. Like the financial, if there is such a thing. I haven't looked in a while. It may just be the 4.7 on my phone but it shows up in my symbols € is that one it?
    BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.122 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105

Any updates on this subject?

The euro symbol came in the original language pack. That is, it's already an option (4 options are standard; $ Ł Ą €)... my curve just won't let me select any other currency key than the American dollar.

However, it has since accepted the euro in emails only. I still recieve a "?" when I try to use this key for sms. (Previously, the $ worked properly in sms).

I took my mobile to the Verizon store. They assured me it's not a problem with my mobile specifically, but Blackberry's software in general. ??

Yeah I don't even have that option in my sms symbols. So they probably fixed the issue by deleting it all together in later OS's. And then again I could be wrong.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    Go to options/screen and keyboard and change the currency key to what you want

also you can change it by going into device wizard
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffallen8 View Post
    Go to options/screen and keyboard and change the currency key to what you want

also you can change it by going into device wizard

Jeff, it does not actually take effect after I have changed the options.
    Regardless of which I set as the default, it will only display a $ or ?