Has anyone ever tried to run a wap gateway, lets say on another pc connected ... BlackBerry Curve forum

dee99ta no está en línea Stack level 1

Creating your own WAP gateway to use over wifi

Has anyone ever tried to run a wap gateway, lets say on another pc connected to your home network?

Then configuring the apn and whatever else to use it. Since wifi is relatively new to blackberry, I haven't seen anything like that.

I had the data plan. It was very useful while on vacation, but 95% of the time, it will be at home connected to my wireless router. I can use the bb browser, but opera, google maps, etc of course will not work. It seems like you should be able to tell the apps to connect to another gateway besides wap.voicestream.com.

I installed NOW.WAP.proxy on one of my machines and I have not been able to get my Curve to connect to it.
    nowwap*dot*com/documentation/#GeneralOptions

I tried putting in the ip of my machine in the apn, but I couldn't get it to work. I don't even now what port I should be running on. I tried 9021 and 8080, but I don't think the blackberry is trying to connect.

THanks

jdellasala no está en línea Device Pro

Re: Creating your own WAP gateway to use over wifi

The 8300 has no WiFi, and all its Internet routing is through your provider over the GPS network.

In short, it can't be done. You'd have to get yourself something like an 8310 which has WiFi, and then you'd connect directly to your home WiFi.
    JerryD

DonGato no está en línea Stack level 3

Well, he might have upgraded his curve by now because he is using WiFi. Don't trust profile data as I believe most people don't update it frequently. To know which port is using look into the configuration or run a netstat -an and see which port is listening that you don't recognize.

dee99ta no está en línea Stack level 1

Sorry, yeah, I have the 8320.

untjoker no está en línea Stack level 3

LOL you usually don't see people go around a question because your profile phone doesnt' match LOL. I know I never update mine! DonGato is right though on the WAP gateway....