Hey everyone, I'm having a pretty unique problem with my Blackberry. I'm pretty sure it's ... BlackBerry Curve forum

chane no está en línea Stack level 1

Question CRAZY Problem with Trackball!

Advertisement

Hey everyone,

I'm having a pretty unique problem with my Blackberry. I'm pretty sure it's because I dropped it a few times. Mainly from a night stand, but still it was driopped.

It's a trackball issue. At first the trackball wouldn't respond at all. Nothing. It would randomly scroll when it came back from sleep/when the screen shuts off.

I spent some time troubleshooting it, and I'm narrowed the problem down. It has to do with the keyboard light being on. When the Keyboard LEDs are one the trackball is unresponsive. I figured this out buy putting the BB up to a light so the keyboard light goes off, then the trackball works. when the room gets dim and the keyboard light goes on the trackball stops.

Everything else seems to work. It boots up fine. I've done numerous hard boots and cleaned the trackball. It's running 4.5 os.

So my question is has anyone seen this before? Could this be a software issue? Is there anyway to permanently disable the keyboard lights?

-Chane

GaBulldog no está en línea Stack level 3
    I had a similar issue with my 8330, wiped handheld, reloaded everything & finally was told by my rep to send it in. It wound up being a hardware issue.

MotoUp no está en línea BES Pro
    How long have you had your Curve? Even though you cleaned it, you could physically remove it and make sure there is no lint stuck in the rollers that maybe didn't come out when you cleaned it. I've done that, and it's very easy to do. Just be careful of the little clips on the outside ring when you are taking it apart.

chane no está en línea Stack level 1

New thing happening

I just noticed that when the screen is asleep the trackball light is lit, very dimly. If this is a hardware issue is there anything I can do? I bought the phone on ebay a year ago. It was used and unlocked. I live in Canada and doubt the phone is still under warranty. I've opened it/painted it. Is there a place to get curve motherboards? Could I still use all the other parts and save myself some money?

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Man, that's really messed up... I don't even know what to say to all that...

The worst my trackball has ever done is to refuse to scroll downwards for a split second... And I'm assuming that's cuz something just gets stuck down there...

Still kinda afraid to pop open my bold just for a trackball clean up job so I let it slide for now...

via smartphone~

smcnet2002 no está en línea Stack level 1

Trackball Issue - Voids Warranty & Insurance

I "hear" if you open up the BB it voids the warranty ( if any).

If possible, get insurance on the BB to make sure the BB stays covered after the normal warranty runs out.

reddrvgon no está en línea Stack level 8
    PIN/ID
    ask me
    Sadly, no device insurance in pakistan... I'm lucky I got a one year warranty here... And ill find out how lucky I am if I have to ever take it in for replacement or repair...

~via smartphone~