my blackberry curve 8300 has been crashing and rebooting itself. even when i get a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

fondoo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24A26BE1

crashing and rebooting??

Advertisement

my blackberry curve 8300 has been crashing and rebooting itself. even when i get a new email or when i'm on a call conversation. very fraustrating. i would like to reinstall my OS. i am currently runniung v4.2.2.166 with blackberry desktop manager 4.5. i downloaded AT&T's 4.2 OS again, but how to I reinstall the OS on the blackberry curve? do i delete everything in Application Loader? I cant seem to delete Blackberry 4.2 System software and Blackberry 4.2 Core Applications.
    Can anyone plz help? thanks in advance.
    Upgraded the BlackBerry Curve to BlackBerry Bold 12/1/08.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    I believe all you need to do to reinstall is to delete the vendor.xml file from:

c:\Program Files\Common Files\Research in Motion\AppLoader

That should trigger the DM to reinstall the OS.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    1.) BACK UP YOUR DATA! - It is important to get a good backup in the event you need to restore your data.

2.) Verify that you are using the latest version of Desktop Manager. Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager. In the Desktop manager program on your PC use the Help menu and select About Desktop Manager. If you need the latest version follow this link.

3.) If you haven't already, download lastest OS 4.x from this link or if available from your carrier its BEST to download here (select carrier)

4.) Install 4.x using the .exe file you just downloaded. If you are downloading the OS specific for your carrier you can skip step 5. In other words if upgrading a T-Mobile BlackBerry with T-Mobile OS then you can skip this step. However, if you have an AT&T Wireless Blackberry and the OS is non-AT&T eg. from Vodafone, you MUST follow step 5.

5.) Delete the 'Vendor.xml' file ( C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader ) Or search your computer's hard drive for the "vendor.xml" file. Once you find it, delete it.

6.) Connect the BlackBerry device to the computer. If prompted, type your BlackBerry device password and click OK.

7.) Open Desktop Manager. It should recognize that there is an upgrade for your device. ('Vendor.xml' must be deleted for this step to work).

8) When the Application Loader Wizard is finished examining the configuration on the BlackBerry device, the Device Application Selection screen appears listing the applications and OS version available for installation. The selected check boxes indicate applications that are already installed on the BlackBerry device.

9) If you didn't backup first you should select to do so now.

10) Follow the prompts and you will have OS 4.x installed in about 15 to 20 minutes.

Jf659g no está en línea Stack level 1
    That was happening to my red curve, rumor is that it only happends to the red one(I dont belive that) If your with ATT and had your curve within a year, you can call warrenty and they will send you a new phone for free.