I cracked the outer lens of my curve and was wondering how difficult it is ... BlackBerry Curve forum

l8braker no está en línea Stack level 1

Cracked screen question

Advertisement

I cracked the outer lens of my curve and was wondering how difficult it is to install a new one. I watched the youtube video and was wondering if its possible to remove the existing lens without having to take the phone apart - that video seems a little daunting to me. Thanks for any help.

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Re: Cracked screen question

Yeah, you just have to take of the front, back, and siderails to replace the casing.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

No you cannot remove just the lens...You will have to take it apart to replace it. It's fairly straight forward, the hardest part is the bottom clip where the network branding is.

If you attempt this just do it slowly and carefully, or else you may snap something.

surfanimal no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask me!

Just to clarify my post -

I meant you don't have to completely disassemble the phone like the video, you just have to remove the casing from the device.

TheRiddler no está en línea Stack level 5

It is not that difficult. I ordered a new front case with lens and followed the steps in the video. Voila...brand new beautiful screen. Just go slow like mentioned above and you will be fine. But be aware you will void your warranty doing thus. It did not matter to me so I went for it and am very glad I did.

l8braker no está en línea Stack level 1

Thanks everyone for you help. I'll give it a shot and hopefully, won't hurt the phone or myself!!!