Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I dropped my phone and there's a big ugly crack across the screen. However its ... BlackBerry Curve forum

jbradyg no está en línea Stack level 2

cracked screen

Advertisement

I dropped my phone and there's a big ugly crack across the screen. However its not the actual screen that is cracked but the plastic outer casing. I was wondering if there was a way to replace this or get it fixed?

jgirly2 no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: cracked screen

Quote Originally Posted by jbradyg
    I dropped my phone and there's a big ugly crack across the screen. However its not the actual screen that is cracked but the plastic outer casing. I was wondering if there was a way to replace this or get it fixed?
    You could try these websites:

BB Repair Shop: http://www.bbrepairshop.com

PDASmart.com: http://www.pdasmart.com/blackberrypartscenter.htm

Hope this helps you!
    --------------------------------------------------------
    - j a n e l l
    Theirs more to life than cell phones...Theirs BLACKBERRY's

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by jgirly2
    You could try these websites:
    BB Repair Shop: http://www.bbrepairshop.com
    They seem to mention every model bar the Curve
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

yeah that site doesnt have the curve, but i looked around a little more and found this website: cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-8300-c-200_365.html

i ordered the 8300 lens (silver) but I had 2 questions....1- does the lens just stick on? (will i have to disassemble the phone or can i just pry off the existing one) and 2- I ordered the silver because I didnt see the gray one, but i was wondering if anyone knew if the BB curve comes with the grey or silver...becase the one i have looks sort of grey but is sort of silver reflective too so i wasnt sure.

krazyegg no está en línea Stack level 1

yeah that site doesnt have the curve, but i looked around a little more and found this website: cnn.cn/shop/blackberry-8300-c-200_365.html

i ordered the 8300 lens (silver) but I had 2 questions....1- does the lens just stick on? (will i have to disassemble the phone or can i just pry off the existing one) and 2- I ordered the silver because I didnt see the gray one, but i was wondering if anyone knew if the BB curve comes with the grey or silver...becase the one i have looks sort of grey but is sort of silver reflective too so i wasnt sure.
    this should help

go to you tube and search this.

Blackberry Curve 8300 Screen Removal & Take Apart

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

I scratched my screen and ordered a replacement from that site. I haven't gotten up the gumption to crack my case open, yet, though. It'd be like performing surgery on my favorite pet.

so just for the record, ive got some good news. the lcd screen cover or "lens" that i cracked is just stuck on with adhesive...im leaving it on until my replacement from cnn.cn comes and im hoping it truly is OEM part, but some places like to claim that and send you a generic POS....so problem solved i guess...once the new one comes ill just stick it on and hopefully i wont find a way to screw it up. thanks for all the help!

VP
    VP no está en línea Stack level 2

so just for the record, ive got some good news. the lcd screen cover or "lens" that i cracked is just stuck on with adhesive...im leaving it on until my replacement from cnn.cn comes and im hoping it truly is OEM part, but some places like to claim that and send you a generic POS....so problem solved i guess...once the new one comes ill just stick it on and hopefully i wont find a way to screw it up. thanks for all the help!
    i was just wondering how long ago did you order the part and when do you expect it to come in. I ordered a whole new shell for my 8700 from the same site and very anxious hoping to see what kind of time span i am looking at

i ordered just a couple days ago (saturday) and just did standard shipping which was 7-10 business days i think, so ill be anxious as well while i wait for it to come. until then i have to put up with an ugly crack

rrrebo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    240466CA

Thumbs up Re: cracked screen

Quote Originally Posted by VP
    i was just wondering how long ago did you order the part and when do you expect it to come in. I ordered a whole new shell for my 8700 from the same site and very anxious hoping to see what kind of time span i am looking at
    My shipping time was less than 2 weeks, faceplate is definitely OEM, even has the cutout for the carrier logo at the bottom.

orb2k no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    207BCA35

Have you guys received it and changed it yet? I bumped into a corner of a table and I cracked the lens! how did u remove the lens?

reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    PIN/ID
    STACK

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQxMmsrnwfU

theres a link to disassembly video...remember do at your own risk.

nabitheking no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    3047E391

I've noticed that they also have BLACKBERRY 8310 OEM RED FACEPLATE W/LENS.

Please keep us posted how hard or easy it is to replace the faceplate.
    Currently, I have the gold 8320 with TMO but I am interested in switching back and forth between gold and red. Assuming that it's not so hard replacing it.

PhxBlue no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    NO!

Quote Originally Posted by nabitheking
    I've noticed that they also have BLACKBERRY 8310 OEM RED FACEPLATE W/LENS.

Please keep us posted how hard or easy it is to replace the faceplate.
    Currently, I have the gold 8320 with TMO but I am interested in switching back and forth between gold and red. Assuming that it's not so hard replacing it.
    Its very easy. take the battery door off. Inside at the top you will see 2 small screws. They are Torx T5 sized screws, take those out. Now go to the bottom of the phone and remove the plastic piece that is branded with the carriers name, it just pops off. Now you can pop the side rubbery black parts loose on the top and middle areas, the bottom portion is held on with screws. Once those are popped loose the face plate is now only held on by four tabs, two on either side of the phone. Pop those tabs out of the grooves they snap into and the face plate comes off. Very simple to do.

sinkers no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by orb2k
    Have you guys received it and changed it yet? I bumped into a corner of a table and I cracked the lens! how did u remove the lens?
    That is exactly what I did. I did not hit the corner of the desk very hard, but with the Curve in my pocket, the lens got a nasty crack.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    OS upgrades are phone dependent NOT carrier dependent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast