I am new to using the Blackberry and I'm looking through the manual, but I'm ... BlackBerry Curve forum

magoosmom no está en línea Stack level 1

Couple of questions from a newbie

Advertisement

I am new to using the Blackberry and I'm looking through the manual, but I'm still finding my way around. There are a few things I'm not finding...I'm not sure if I'm just overlooking it or what.

1. Can I set up a ringtone for when I have a text message or email? I am not seeing where I can change that.

2. I downloaded the facebook app which is working nicely. The only problem is that it wants to blink that red light at me anytime something changes on my facebook page. I don't mind the alerts for emails or texts but it's annoying to have it from the facebook app. How can I change this?

Thanks so much for any help!

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Welcome to BlackBerry and PinStack, magoosmom! Glad to have you here.

Since you posted in this thread, I'm assuming you have an 8330? Both your questions can be addressed in Profiles on your device. Go to the Profiles icon from your home screen, open it up, then scroll all the way down to the bottom to Advanced or Edit Profiles. From there you can go in and edit your profiles to your liking.