It seems that over the last few weeks my 8310 has been slowing down and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4

Could system upgrades cause problem?

Advertisement

It seems that over the last few weeks my 8310 has been slowing down and rebooting. I've not changed anything on the BB so I was wondering could it be a problem with the BB itself or if they are doing system upgrades could this cause any problems with the older OS? It sure seems like a possabity. They must do allot of testing with the new system and OS but do they do much if any testing with the current and older OS? Just a question I don't think I've heard anybody talk about, but I could be wrong.

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4
    After an OS's official release, I think that's it until they release a new one. Have you installed any new programs lately? What OS are you running now?
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE

hayden no está en línea Stack Mod
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Also how much free space memory do you have on your BlackBerry?

bmanley no está en línea Stack level 4
    4.2.2.170 and free space right now is 15816763
    I have not loaded anything new on it for maybe three or four months so I don't think that is it. It just seems like it started for no reason other then maybe a hardware issue like it just wants to stop working right. But then I wondered if the it could be an issue with a system upgrade. If they don't doing any testing it seems like it's possible it could be a problem

ktorres1120 no está en línea Stack level 4
    You can try upgrading to a newer OS (be sure to backup your stuff!) to see if it runs faster. You can always downgrade later it you want.
    BB BOLD 9000
    TMOBILE