So, this is the issue. As of yesterday my charger gave out on me and ... BlackBerry Curve forum

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Could my Beloved 8310 be on its last legs? :(

Advertisement

So, this is the issue. As of yesterday my charger gave out on me and that's when I first began to notice how my battery life isn't all that great. I left my house at approximately 0000 hrs with my fully charged 8310 and now it's 0900 and I've only got 40% left on my battery. I mean since I work overnights now, I tend to use my bb like crazy for stacking/reading The NY Times/ playing music through my car stereo and an occasional game game of brickbreaker/ and of course texting/emailing. Is it normal for my battery to drain this fast? I'm just curious. Thank you for your replies in advance guys.

-A concerened Curve parent...
    What's the matter? CIA's got you pushing too many pencils?

chokem no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    nada
    C, if you're using it that much-yes. I took a charger to work with me as I would have to charge my 8310 and my 9000 for 20 minutes twice a day to keep them at around 75% charged. I use mine all day at work too. ~via 9000~

boomermarkovich no está en línea Stack Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by raton View Post
    So, this is the issue. As of yesterday my charger gave out on me and that's when I first began to notice how my battery life isn't all that great. I left my house at approximately 0000 hrs with my fully charged 8310 and now it's 0900 and I've only got 40% left on my battery. I mean since I work overnights now, I tend to use my bb like crazy for stacking/reading The NY Times/ playing music through my car stereo and an occasional game game of brickbreaker/ and of course texting/emailing. Is it normal for my battery to drain this fast? I'm just curious. Thank you for your replies in advance guys.

-A concerened Curve parent...

It's about 20.00 retail and you can pick them up anywhere.

I keep this in my bag that I carry to work when I can't plug it in. I use the rechargable batteries at home since I work days, they charge overnight. This way when it starts to run low, I give it a boost. Also great for when your flying and you can't plug in and don't want to run it down or have been playing games. Good luck.
    Last edited by boomermarkovich; 02-15-2009 at 10:40 AM.
    Your gene pool needs a lifeguard

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    So, it is completely normal for it to drain that bad? I was worried and very concerned about my baby

miccic no está en línea Stack level 1
    How old is the battery? I replaced the battery in my 8310 after 11 months because it wouldn't stay charged through one day. If I used some power-draining features, it wouldn't even last 30 minutes. And the indicator couldn't keep track of how little power was in it. A new battery solved all my problems. Stays charged for 2-3 days at a time doing all the fun things a blackberry will do: Tunes, facebook, GPS, emails, surfing, oh yeah, and the occasional phone call.

PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    A little over a year

impak875 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    DROID
    Raton that's normal if you use your BB that much... I use my BB all the time... battery drains like nobody's business, because I stay on Social Scope, games, BBM, twitter, yahoo messenger... all day long... I at least have to charge it while I'm at work... I thought my battery life sucked too, until yesterday when I barely used it and saw that it stayed right around 90-95 all day with minimal use.

Berryadict no está en línea Stack level 7

Thumbs up

~via smartphone~
    First thing I did after receiving my 8310 was order a Seidio 2600 mAh
    www.seidio.com
    Last edited by Berryadict; 02-15-2009 at 12:51 PM.

miccic no está en línea Stack level 1
    Oh, yeah. I didn't share that during my battery-drain experience I learned that screen brightness, vibrating, and over the air applications are the biggest battery drainers. I turned the screen down and used tones only, and I went over the air knowing I was creating a situation for myself.
    Didn't it last longer when you first got it? I don't think you'd be disappointed by a new battery.

jasonring no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    be kind
    Hey Rat.... Your baby is O.K.....just watch how many times you reboot, try to avoid loading large pages. That kinda stuff. Don't let the backlight stay on very long,so on and so forth.... You'll both be fine!!!

PIN/ID
    7BF68784

Thumbs up Getting new charger!!

Quote Originally Posted by jasonring View Post
    Hey Rat.... Your baby is O.K.....just watch how many times you reboot, try to avoid loading large pages. That kinda stuff. Don't let the backlight stay on very long,so on and so forth.... You'll both be fine!!!
    Definitely!

By the way, good news guys. My brother works for Tmobile and he's getting me a free Blackberry car charger; the nice one too for $30 . Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!

Oh yeah, for free...lmao