Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

im gonna have to re-do mine.... I was too impatient and didnt leave it overnight ... BlackBerry Curve forum

r1ckynutz no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    241D1B73

Advertisement

im gonna have to re-do mine.... I was too impatient and didnt leave it overnight to dry. Its a learning experience for me oh and that little piece at the bottom is a pain!!! lol

BigHulkDiese no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Post pics when you are done!

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Anyone here know where I can get the Menu, Return, Talk, and End keys from an 8330 at? Also, are they compatible (will they fit) an 8310?

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    You can get the 8310 set at www.cnn.cn. Not sure if the 8310 and 8330 sets are interchangeable, though.

PIN/ID
    22BF6200

Update:

Ok guys and gals, here is an update of my Flat Black project. So far so good! The only thing I am waiting on now is the Black Lens to come in the mail. However, I do have to say that it looks dang good with the silver lens as well.

Hope you like it!!

Beside of my wife's Blackjack 2!

darryl71 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    retired

Thumbs up

nice Job.... Here is my blacked out 8310, and a full white out that I am toying with. Not sure how well the paint will stick to the sides though...

this painting thing is addicting : )
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925
    Quote Originally Posted by BigHulkDiese View Post
    Ok guys and gals, here is an update of my Flat Black project. So far so good! The only thing I am waiting on now is the Black Lens to come in the mail. However, I do have to say that it looks dang good with the silver lens as well.

Hope you like it!!

Beside of my wife's Blackjack 2!
    Looks awesome...this will be my next big adventure...painting my Curve. Great job!

PIN/ID
    22BF6200
    Thanks! It is actually a lot easier then you might think. Holler at me when you are ready, I have a couple tips that might make it more smooth.

Jbee no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    3047D925

Sam123gil no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    A.S.K.
    Man i would love to paint my pearl. I'm tired od the sivler color. But way to scared to take the phone apart.
    ~©®ĺ©kßë®®Ą~

bicknolen no está en línea Stack level 2
    What kind of paint did you guys use and any other tips would be awesome ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

orijin no está en línea Stack level 1
    Rustoleum (recommend) or Krylon would probably be the best spray paint to use but you have to let it dry and have normal room temperatures for it to be good.

From experience of spray painting and perfecting it.

First thing you want to do is SAND you'll want to start out with maybe a 800 or higher grit sand paper then once you're done sanding sand it down with 2000-3000 grit sandpaper. This is just to remove the original paint or nicks you already have on your phone

Second youll want to apply the first coat of spray paint make sure its very thin, its ok if the 1st and 2nd coat doesnt cover the thing entirely. Wait about 15-30 minutes between each coats.

Third handle the paint after 24 hours what i would do is give it a wet sand using 3000 grit sandpaper especially if you're doing a dull color, itll make the paint more smooth. If you're using a gloss type paint or shiny paint sanding it will kill the shine or gloss of the paint.

Let me know if my way works I've done spray painting this way on numerous items and they have turned out all good.

raton no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    7BF68784
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post
    nice Job.... Here is my blacked out 8310, and a full white out that I am toying with. Not sure how well the paint will stick to the sides though...

Yikes! you better order another housing because that's exactly how my white curve looked after painting it. I was like nooooooooooooooooooooooo what have i done? the sides will peel off.

vortec7 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    30487CF1
    Hulk,
    I'm curious to know how well the back lighting on the keypad works with the black keypad.
    I guess what i'm asking is, In the dark how well do the key stand out with the back light?
    :)

XBGM3R no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    241EDEFC
    Quote Originally Posted by darryl71 View Post

darryl & BigHulkDiese, AWESOME SEXY BLACK ONE! I really envy of you guys! Because Black is my favor color..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast