Greetings... I'm a newbie around these parts. Getting ready to upgrade my phone from my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

kangaruhl no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Convince me... Help me decide!

Advertisement

Greetings...

I'm a newbie around these parts. Getting ready to upgrade my phone from my current Razr and need some help making a decision.

I'm with Alltel, and am going to go with either the 8130 Pearl or the 8330 Curve. Couldn't decide yesterday so am going in tomorrow to take the plunge and would just like some feedback from BB pro's.

Here are my questions/concerns...

1) I've never owned/used a BB before... why do I want/need one??? Convince
    me!

2) I've wanted the Pearl forever, but now that the time has come, I'm unsure. It seems very small... even though the Razr is small, when in talk mode (flipped open), it's longer. Wondering how easy the Pearl is to hold and actually talk on.

3) The Pearl is prettier (yes, I'm female) and I would be getting the red one. The keys seem a bit close together; however, the key function wouldn't bother me too much as I'm used to the Razr.

4) I LOVE the size and clarity of the Curve screen. Not sure how I'd like a full Qwerty keyboard as I've never had/used one. Unsure of how easily the Curve would fit in a pocket or cell phone slot in a handbag.

5) With Alltel, the Pearl does not allow you to send or receive picture texts, but the Curve does.

6) My primary use would be to use as a phone, but... who doesn't like all the extra features.

Also... is the Curve still got some bugs to work out due to it being so new? Maybe I should get a Pearl and in a year go to the Curve? Help, as you can see, I'm obviously undecided!!!

Thanks... your help is appreciated.

lucky13mt no está en línea Stack level 6
    PIN/ID
    N/A
    Hello and welcome to PinStack .

To answer your questions:

1) You can do almost anything with the BB from texting and chatting, viewing full presentations, email, real web browsing, music player, watch videos, extended memory either 4gb or 8gb depending on your model, and so much more I can't even cover it all.

2) I have the 8100 Pearl from T-Mobile and it is the best phone I have ever had. Suretype, for me, is really easy to use and I got the hang of it only after a few days. It is really easy to hold and talk on, in my opinion.

3) I'm a guy, so I don't know about pretty lol. But yes, my black pearl is cool and exclusive looking. Again, Suretype is easy to get used to.

4) I'm not much of a Curve fan but admire the phone. I don't like the full QWERTY keyboard and the buttons are too small for me.

5) You can still send pictures from your phone as emails.

6) I love all the extras available for BBs.

Overall, I am happy with the Pearl and would suggest the Pearl. But thats just me, its really up to which one you are more comfortable with.
    BlackBerry Rocks!<-Check it out!

Antgod no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2148A220
    even though im using a curve i like the pearl better. i dont think theres a need for a full key board.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    1. Its an all in one device....phone, email, texting, IM, MP3 player, camera, browser, video recorder (newer models), GPS (select models have it enabled or you can buy a GPS puck), organizer, RSS feeds, etc.

2. The Pearl is small but it's easy to get used to if you take the time to learn the SureType system. I find it very easy to use.

3. The Pearl is the cutest phone I have seen (except the 7130e LOL)

4. I had a full keyboard BB a few years ago. Never again unless T-Mo got the black Curve Sprint got. The screen quality was horrible on my 7730.

5. Yes you can send and receive MMS.

6. I have games, RSS reader, PinStack's Forum Launcher and IRC chat, x-player (MP3 player), MiuTunes (MP3 player), and a few other apps on my 8120 and 8100.

Don LuiG no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    ask
    Well am a guy
    I've had the pearl from tmo the 8800 and now the 8310 red from att using it on tmo networks so far my favorite is the curve because it just feels really cool holding it in your hands try holding both the curve and the pearl at the same time you will see what I mean.

Features I like is the gps because I travel around the country very easy to use. The full querty is just like a keyboard so it won't take u long to get used to it.

You can add 3rd party ups. U can upgrade Operating system to add the lates features from any gsm carrier like tmo att etc.

You can change themes at anytime many of them which u will find here for free on pinstack or u can even create your own as you become more knowledgeable pinstack will teach u a lot about bb.

U can set custom ringtones listen to music view email check the weather brose the web save pics from the web straight to your phone
    Arrange icons the way u want them on your home screen
    I could go on.

I won't try to convince you to get the curve my advice is compare them side by side I fell in love with the curve over the pear after playing w it for a few minutes
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

kangaruhl no está en línea Stack level 1
    Thanks to all of you who have and are responding... crazy how we get so into our tech devices and spend so much time and $ getting the latest and greatest, huh? Still open for more suggestions, etc...

usman no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    207717F1
    if you do email and business centered use. the full qwerty is a life saver.

i swear by my 8310. i had an 8700 and before that had a 7290

i strongly urge new users to jump on the curve.

BoogieNYC no está en línea Stack level 2
    At one time or other we were (and are) newbies, but seriously, if you need people to tell you why you need a Blackberry, stick with your Razor.

As far as which of the two phones you should go with, follow these simple steps:

1) Go to the store.
    2) Pick each one up and judge how it feels in YOUR hand and see if you can make a call with each and which one you prefer;
    3) Pick one and go with it.
    4) If you're not happy, return it and try the other one (within the 14- or 7- or 30-day return period).
    5) Be glad you went with a Blackberry (for your own reasons).

Personally, I do a lot of e-mailing/texting so having the full keyboard of the Curve, for me, was essential. Plus I do a lot of PDF/spreadsheet work so the full screen made a big difference as well. And games look lots better on a bigger screen

These are questions you have to answer on your own, and there's plenty of info floating around here and elsewhere in connection with each of these handsets. Since I'm using the Curve it's pretty clear what choice I made, but you need to determine what works for you and what you anticipate your needs will be.

Hope this helps.

-B-

Quote Originally Posted by kangaruhl View Post
    Greetings...

I'm a newbie around these parts. Getting ready to upgrade my phone from my current Razr and need some help making a decision.

I'm with Alltel, and am going to go with either the 8130 Pearl or the 8330 Curve. Couldn't decide yesterday so am going in tomorrow to take the plunge and would just like some feedback from BB pro's.

Here are my questions/concerns...

1) I've never owned/used a BB before... why do I want/need one??? Convince
    me!

2) I've wanted the Pearl forever, but now that the time has come, I'm unsure. It seems very small... even though the Razr is small, when in talk mode (flipped open), it's longer. Wondering how easy the Pearl is to hold and actually talk on.

3) The Pearl is prettier (yes, I'm female) and I would be getting the red one. The keys seem a bit close together; however, the key function wouldn't bother me too much as I'm used to the Razr.

4) I LOVE the size and clarity of the Curve screen. Not sure how I'd like a full Qwerty keyboard as I've never had/used one. Unsure of how easily the Curve would fit in a pocket or cell phone slot in a handbag.

5) With Alltel, the Pearl does not allow you to send or receive picture texts, but the Curve does.

6) My primary use would be to use as a phone, but... who doesn't like all the extra features.

Also... is the Curve still got some bugs to work out due to it being so new? Maybe I should get a Pearl and in a year go to the Curve? Help, as you can see, I'm obviously undecided!!!

Thanks... your help is appreciated.

evilhomer no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Don't forget that with the Pearl you are getting a smaller device, and you may not need the qwerty if you become proficient with SureType, but you are also getting a smaller screen. That is something to consider if you are thinking about watching video on the device and surfing the web.
    Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand. -Homer

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16
    Still keep in mind that the 8330 is more of a work phone, with great consumer features, than a consumer phone.