I am a newbie with a BB Curve 8310. Just today, my conversations have been ... BlackBerry Curve forum

bacila no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Ask me

Smile "Conversations" getting lost on my BB 8310

Advertisement

I am a newbie with a BB Curve 8310. Just today, my conversations have been disappearing. The ones I had on my bb messenger have disappeared 3x so far, yahoo msgr once and now all my sms's are missing as well. It's my personal BB, my company does not own it, so is there any way someone can remotely access my phone? Or is this a different kind of problem?
    Thanks in advance!

lauren25 no está en línea Stack level 5

Re: "Conversations" getting lost on my BB 8310

Sounds like it's a memory issue.. What is your file free? To check Hold down the ALT key (bottom left key) and type in R A C E.. Or you can go to Options>Status..

Check out this thread on how to free up more memory on your BB: http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...call_logs.html
    ~Lauren

PIN/ID
    Ask me

PS, I have had my BB since 1/10/08. (yeah, THAT new!! haha)

PIN/ID
    Ask me

ok, it says i have 6849392 bytes file free and 54919168 bytes file total. I have no idea what that means.

I have 30534996 Bytes...Anything under 20 Bytes can cause a lot of problems with your BB. You only have 7 Bytes...so to get more memory go to the link I gave you and delete unnecessary languages and anything else you can do, and it should solve your problem and make your BB run MUCH better

Also buying a microSD card and saving all your pictures, videos, music and ring tones to it will give you some more space..
    ~Lauren

PIN/ID
    Ask me

ok, thanks for the tip! i guess i put more stuff on there than i really needed. haha easy to do i guess when there is so much to do with these phones!

No problem Happy to help.
    ~Lauren

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

You may be suffering from a memory leak. For some reason, out of box many of the latest generation of bb handsets have the leak. I'd suggest installing the blackberry desktop software and installing the latest OS from your provider in this thread: Blackberry 83xx Curve OS Software Links (by Carrier) [as of 21AUG07]

Once it's installed, plug in your bb, run the desktop manager, go to application loader and it will notice a 'new' update (even if its the same version # out of the box) and it will then offer for you to upgrade. Once you are done upgrading and close out, you should see an improvement with memory.
    Just to clear up on the free memory:

1mb (megabyte) = 1048576 bytes

So basically when you are looking at your byte number, you don't have to memorize the exact number, just know you want it to always have at least 8 places (xxxxxxxx bytes). If you have at least 8 places it means you have 10mb or more. You don't really need any more room than that for the bb to function correctly. Personally, when I first start my BB it shows 15mb's free and even after running for a week without reboot/battery pull I will lose 3-4mbs at most of free space and once I reset it goes back up to the full 15mb. keeping track of your free memory will help you find out within what range your bb is operating and how much free space you may need to give yourself.

PIN/ID
    Ask me

wow, this bb is getting to be more difficult to manage than i thought it would be. i really like everything it can do, but i don't like that i can't use the 1g memory card for anything but media. (My last phone was a Sony Ericsson W810i. LOVED that phone! Too bad it doesn't like water!) How often should I be doing the reboot? I have done it a few times since I got the phone because of installing and uninstalling different programs.
    Thank you for the help, blackninja!!

blackninja no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    spam=no

You'll get used to it, just takes a little time to adjust.

You really only to reboot if your phone happens to be acting funny or leaking/low on memory.

To see specifically what your memory is being used on, after you go to 'Status', click the options button (I call it 'the berry') and select 'Database Sizes'. Attachment data and MMS can take up quite a bit of space. I know I have quite a few 3rd party apps installed so in order to still keep space free, I delete my MMS messages shortly after receiving and delete most emails I receive that have an attachment after I open the attachments and save to my memory card. Some people prefer to keep few 3rd party apps and use that extra space to hold more messages. How you divide it up is really up to you.