Hi Stackers, I have a curve 8300 and one day was I messing with the ... BlackBerry Curve forum

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Lightbulb Content Protection Enabled on messager status....Possible solution!

Advertisement

Hi Stackers,
    I have a curve 8300 and one day was I messing with the security settings, I enabled the content protection and set a password for the device. Next thing I know I go to my messanger and next to about 3 buddies of mine the status was listed as <Content Protection Enabled>

I soon disabled the content protection on my own device and checked again...the status of <content protection enabled> was still there next to the buddy's status. I then wiped the handheld thru the security option, didn't work. I went even further to wipe my handheld clean with JL_Cmder, reinstalled a different OS...no luck. tried for about 2 days and was able to clear that message off of all my buddies except one.

I then try the solution below and it might have worked so everyone that's been having this problem feel free to try. It might work for you as well. I contact my buddy and have him disable his content protection, then I deleted him off of my buddy list, and then re added him on the list and had him clear everything from his status. BAM.....Finally that annoying message was off my phone...whew and my buddy was able to turn his content protect back on.

If anyone else is having this problem too, this is how I got it back working on my device....not really sure with what I did really fixed it or all the sudden it just decided to clear the message, one way or the other it's worth a try. Good luck everyone!!

cwax no está en línea BES Pro
    PIN/ID
    32DEF7BB

Re: Content Protection Enabled on messager status....Possible solution!

This isn't an issue; that status message is normal whenever you reboot the BB, and you go back into BBM; you will be set as <Content Protection is Enabled>, and so will your contacts until you or they make a change to the status message

c3po25 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    212D4E69

Re: Content Protection Enabled on messager status....Possible solution!

Quote Originally Posted by cwax View Post
    This isn't an issue; that status message is normal whenever you reboot the BB, and you go back into BBM; you will be set as <Content Protection is Enabled>, and so will your contacts until you or they make a change to the status message

Actually I never had the message show up ever....I have re booted the device numerous times and it had never happened. Just ever since when I messed with the content protection option. But if your method works, even better....I wish someone would have told me that before I did all the things I tried....lol
    Last edited by c3po25; 02-08-2008 at 05:45 PM.