Hi everyone, I'm just got my new Blackberry Curve and didn't have any trouble importing ... BlackBerry Curve forum

barbarojo no está en línea Stack level 1

Question Contact number preceded by +

Advertisement

Hi everyone, I'm just got my new Blackberry Curve and didn't have any trouble importing all my data from my old 7290. I just noticed a big problem but I'm not sure if it has any relation to the change of device.
    I have a contact (unfortunatily it's my girlfriend) that no matter what it has set in the phone numbers that when trying to make a call the blackberry will place a + in front of the number. It only happens with this contact and only with telephone records (mobile works fine). Of course this is a big problem because I can't establish the comunication. Any idea? I tried deleting the contact, resetting the blackberry and nothing happens.

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

Re: Contact number preceded by +

Hi barbarojo -

Go into the phone app - hit options and click on Smart Dialing... check out the settings there - Make sure the area code and Country codes are correctly set to wherever you are...

------------
    ~ jscott
    iPhone 3G & BOLD

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    312C4157

Almost all my numbers get the +added to them when calling. The calls still go through though.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

brooke03 no está en línea Stack level 6

Quote Originally Posted by DCookSta
    Almost all my numbers get the +added to them when calling. The calls still go through though.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Same here. I always wondered how to remove that.
    /~*brooke

Amigotek no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    21D7B3C6

The + just signifies to the system to treat the call as an international call if you are not in the same country code area. It is just there so you don't have to remember to dial it with the country code. Now why your's are getting added automatically is a big question.

Zo