OK so the problem happened out of nowhere. To my knowledge or memory, there wasn't ... BlackBerry Curve forum

braulio no está en línea Stack level 1

Constantly shutting down...any hope?

Advertisement

OK so the problem happened out of nowhere. To my knowledge or memory, there wasn't one thing I did any different before this started happening. I've had this phone for almost a year and I was reaaaaally happy with it so far. One day, a month ago maybe now, it shut off while I was listening to music and surfing the web. I tried turning it back on, it wouldn't. I did a battery pull, put it back in, and started it up. It booted up to my AT&T splash screen then went dead again. I quit trying for about an hour or two. Came back, tried it again, battery pull, it booted up and worked.

Ever since then, it's gotten worse. Now whenever I listen to music for more than a few minutes or even load up the web browser (even once when I hit capture in the camera!) it crashes. I did the alt+l+g+l+g or whatever. I took out my 1GB MicroSD. I updated the firmware. I restored my phone to my very first backup from November 2007. I deleted all the messages. I set my email to save emails for the least amount of days. I deleted any videos I had. I deleted any pictures from the phone memory. I uninstalled any applications had installed. I did everything I had found suggested on forums. Nothing seems to work.

I don't even use it anymore but I miss it so much. Anyone know of anything that could be doing this?

I installed the NEWEST OS from the stuck threads on the forum. I installed the newest Desktop Manager. I wiped the handheld using the built in function in the options menu. I installed the latest OS with the latest DM. It felt like a brand new Blackberry, like I had just taken it out of the box. I inserted my MicroSD card and started browsing through the music I had, played a few tracks, left it running as I went through setting up my Curve the way I want it. I went through the wizard and at the very end it connected me to AT&T's MEdiaNet through the MEdiaNet browser. Crash.

CRASH.

After several hours of updating and everything, CRASH AGAIN.

I did a battery pull, it started booting up, took longer than usual, got to the AT&T splash screen, CRASH.

It's over.

There's nothing left for me to do. I have no warranty for it.

I'm stuck with my father's old SE w500i. I will suffer.

KeNNethX no está en línea Stack level 3
    Quote Originally Posted by braulio View Post
    OK so the problem happened out of nowhere. To my knowledge or memory, there wasn't one thing I did any different before this started happening. I've had this phone for almost a year and I was reaaaaally happy with it so far. One day, a month ago maybe now, it shut off while I was listening to music and surfing the web. I tried turning it back on, it wouldn't. I did a battery pull, put it back in, and started it up. It booted up to my AT&T splash screen then went dead again. I quit trying for about an hour or two. Came back, tried it again, battery pull, it booted up and worked.

Ever since then, it's gotten worse. Now whenever I listen to music for more than a few minutes or even load up the web browser (even once when I hit capture in the camera!) it crashes. I did the alt+l+g+l+g or whatever. I took out my 1GB MicroSD. I updated the firmware. I restored my phone to my very first backup from November 2007. I deleted all the messages. I set my email to save emails for the least amount of days. I deleted any videos I had. I deleted any pictures from the phone memory. I uninstalled any applications had installed. I did everything I had found suggested on forums. Nothing seems to work.

I don't even use it anymore but I miss it so much. Anyone know of anything that could be doing this?

I installed the NEWEST OS from the stuck threads on the forum. I installed the newest Desktop Manager. I wiped the handheld using the built in function in the options menu. I installed the latest OS with the latest DM. It felt like a brand new Blackberry, like I had just taken it out of the box. I inserted my MicroSD card and started browsing through the music I had, played a few tracks, left it running as I went through setting up my Curve the way I want it. I went through the wizard and at the very end it connected me to AT&T's MEdiaNet through the MEdiaNet browser. Crash.

CRASH.

After several hours of updating and everything, CRASH AGAIN.

I did a battery pull, it started booting up, took longer than usual, got to the AT&T splash screen, CRASH.

It's over.

There's nothing left for me to do. I have no warranty for it.

I'm stuck with my father's old SE w500i. I will suffer.
    Sorry to hear of your trouble. Have you tried another battery? ATT sucks because they won't let you buy insurance for their BBs...

braulio no está en línea Stack level 1
    No, I don't have another battery to try, and I don't want to shell out the money if I'm not sure that's gonna be the fix.

One other thing I can mention is that before all of this, occasionally it would say "SIM Card Error" for no apparent reason and I'd have to shut it down and restart it.

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Ok, forgive me the rude overtone of this question, but have you thought to go to the At&t store and get a new SIM Card? If you got a message saying SIM Card Error out of the blue and afterwards, you started having these problems, wouldn't you at least try a new SIM to see if it helps before giving up?

My suggestion is to go and try a new SIM card, see what it does. I would also suggest going to Best Buy and buying a new battery. If it doesn't work, you can return it and you won't be out anything but some time. You are definitely going to want to buy it at a store like Best Buy though, because they are very lenient on returns. Just make sure you tell them you're returning it because it was the wrong one, or something like that.
    I'm trying to do this "blog" thing and write (or cut and paste) something meaningful a few times a week. Anyway, check it out and read, learn, argue with me, or agree with me, all right HERE .

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!
    Best Buy carries BlackBerry batteries?

CrazEtooN no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    245FA336
    Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 View Post
    Best Buy carries BlackBerry batteries?
    Yes they do, and holsters too.
    I'm trying to do this "blog" thing and write (or cut and paste) something meaningful a few times a week. Anyway, check it out and read, learn, argue with me, or agree with me, all right HERE .

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Instead of taking it to your carrier, I know that there are places that call themselves repair shops. You may want to take your bb to a cell phone repair shop where they can fix things for a fraction of a cost rather than buying a brand new bb. I think that you should try a new battery first, try to reinstall your old OS if at all possible. If not, my best suggestion is NOT to give up, but to find alternate methods of getting it fixed. I would hate using anything other than a bb.

Kyo0tdemon no está en línea Stack level 5
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazEtooN View Post
    Yes they do, and holsters too.
    I think that buying batteries from trusthworthy places (i.e. Best Buy) is okay, but if you want to get better deals on holsters and can wait, to try places like eBay. I don't know how good or bad batteries from eBay may be, but I would just go to a place where batteries sold ARE brand new. Bb batteries drain out fast.

mjohansing no está en línea Stack level 2
    Did you try to store a song or two in the device memory... Take the media card out and play the songs you stored on the phone?
    That will mos definately tell you if the Card is bad.
    Or also try to insert the media card into a PC. Back it up, and then format the card. That would clear up any data issues on the Card.