Hi. I've been having a bit of a problem lately with the curve totally freezing ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mettleh3d no está en línea Stack level 2

Constant hourglass and freezes - mostly with BBbrowser

Advertisement

Hi. I've been having a bit of a problem lately with the curve totally freezing up with the hourglass and have come to believe it to be BB browser's doing. I've waited upwards of 30 minutes but just alt-shift-del now.

I don't have data, only use wifi.
    I've noticed the hourglass come up when:

1. Extended Blueapple.mobi (open vidoes) usage. I check my memory status every once in a while to see if the bytes are decreasing (16-17mb free). They don't decrease that much, which confuses me. (btw-is it using internal memory when you open videos rather than save to sd?)

2. I check up Gizmodo and its sister sites quite a bit, and I notice that if I have Javascript supported in the browser config, the sites take about twice as long to load, and after 10 minutes or so of surfing, the phone would freeze.

3. Checking gizmodo and opened Mobipocket reader

Before the hourglass would appear, there's heavy slowdown. Normally, I wouldn't pay too much mind about the phone freezing, but it's happening more often and I'm worried that something else may be happening.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks
    Last edited by mettleh3d; 03-24-2008 at 06:05 PM.

kraven113 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242e4bc3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~well I'm no expert but my friends pearl was doing the samething so I just cleaned out the history and the cache then its started working just fine after that. I hope it works for you.

I'll definitely give that a try thanks. But I'm still wondering if there's a more permanent solution. Do I just clean the cache/history every week?

kraven113 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    242e4bc3
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~i only had to do it once and its been a coulpe of weeks already. So I hope it works the same for you.

Understood. Many thanks.

markgallant no está en línea Stack level 3
    How much free memory do you have on the device.

Go to Options>Status and look at the file free. IF it is low that could be part of your issue.

Bluebell Wood no está en línea Stack level 3
    Do what Mark says. It is a good idea to clear your cache regularly as it uses up precious memory!

About 15-17mb free at any given time. Opening videos doesn't seem to put any marks on memory, browsing sites can a bit, having several apps open has a little effect (I close all apps when finished Alt+Esc)

The cache only says about 50k though. Emails are bigger.

Thanks guys.