I hope this isn't something I've overlooked, but I have not found an answer. I ... BlackBerry Curve forum

michafla no está en línea Stack level 1

Constant data arrows killing battery

Advertisement

I hope this isn't something I've overlooked, but I have not found an answer. I have a Blackberry Curve that has the data arrows constantly going and its killing the battery life. Battery fully charged before leaving home is down 40% by the drive in. I have reloaded the latest OS from Verizon's website which wiped out all the apps on it. It is still constantly going. Signal is good, 2 bars 1XEV. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

jeremyblaze no está en línea Stack level 2
    Look for something running in the background that must update a lot. IMs. Googletalk. Viigo set for rapid updates. Etc

kkwus74 no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    320FB874
    Quote Originally Posted by michafla View Post
    I hope this isn't something I've overlooked, but I have not found an answer. I have a Blackberry Curve that has the data arrows constantly going and its killing the battery life. Battery fully charged before leaving home is down 40% by the drive in. I have reloaded the latest OS from Verizon's website which wiped out all the apps on it. It is still constantly going. Signal is good, 2 bars 1XEV. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    by any chance are you using jivetalk?

I can't find anything running. I reloaded everything, so no other third party apps have been added. It actually started before I setup the BES activation. As soon as the network connection was turned on, it started with the arrows.

qbangringo no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    302C0803
    This is very wierd. Honestly have you tried a backup and wiping the device.

I this sucks but try this first and then let us know. This usually fixes a lot of issues with peoples blackberrys.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

rxmaker1 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    Request
    Are you using multiple email addresses (ie One for work and one personal)? Did you have any difficulty setting up BES parameters? One last issue is your battery. Has it been tested? I know these questions seen simplistic but most issues I have seen boil down to being something so simple that we overlook it.
    Best wishes!!

Yes, I wiped the device. Everything is on the BES, so I don't worry about that. In fact, that's my solution for all most everything. But it didn't work for this. As soon as I turned the wireless on after the wipe, the arrows started again and never stopped.

No, corporate email only. BES is maintained at another site, but no one else is having the same problems. Swapped battery out as well.

Schufly no está en línea Stack level 3
    How is your signal strength? When I had VZW I had POOR signal at home and could kill a battery in 12 hours or less. Are you always searching for signal?
    Andy