Hey guys and girls I was wondering if any of you have swtiched from a ... BlackBerry Curve forum

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

Considering Switch... Couple of ?'s

Advertisement

Hey guys and girls I was wondering if any of you have swtiched from a PPC to the Curve? Anyone who used the PPC-6700, 8125, 8525 etc. How was the transition? I had a few questions before I take the plunge.

-Is there a workaround for recording video?
    -Are you able to view YouTube content?
    -How is the Call Quality with the phone? Is it soft/loud? Is a bluetooth somewhat mandatory, like my 6700?
    -How is the build qulity? Durable?
    -Is the 3.5 headset jack compatible with all stereo headsets? or is it like the iPhone?
    -Could i somewhat ditch my Ipod and utilize the built in player? Anyone run with their blackberry, any skipping?
    -To my understanding BB messaging and SMS is threaded a la Palm Treo Style... Is this correct?

Thanks guys.

Sprung no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    304D032C

Re: Considering Switch... Couple of ?'s

Im sure there will be more or other opinions, and someone might correct me, but here is my understanding.

-Is there a workaround for recording video?
    Not yet.. Not sure if that will be changed with an OS upgrade in the future.

-Are you able to view YouTube content?
    Not yet.. Again MIGHT be addressed in the 4.2 OS upgrade, which is rumored to include Flash support.

-How is the Call Quality with the phone? Is it soft/loud? Is a bluetooth somewhat mandatory, like my 6700?
    I'm on ATT and have no quality issues. Was on Verizon before, and had more dropouts that with my Curve.

-How is the build qulity? Durable?
    I havent had a problem yet. Some people have voiced concerns, but realize that there are MANY MANY Curves out there, and only a few post on here with issues. A Very small sample of the total population

-Is the 3.5 headset jack compatible with all stereo headsets? or is it like the iPhone?
    It isnt a proprietary jack as far as I know.

-Could i somewhat ditch my Ipod and utilize the built in player? Anyone run with their blackberry, any skipping?
    That depends on you. How much do you listed to Media? I suppose you could, if you can live with a smaller capacity. Storage is based on Micro SD cards, and to latest (announced, not available) is 6GB. Skipping shouldnt be an issue as its Flash based, not a micro HD.

-To my understanding BB messaging and SMS is threaded a la Palm Treo Style... Is this correct?
    As far as I understand the Treo, yes.

Hope that helps!

Brian
    NEW STORM on VZW, OLD: 8310 ,8300, 7130E

fo0tprintz no está en línea Stack level 1

In regards to the sms threading, the answer is yes and no.

Your sms will be display ech individual message that comes in, so in that sense its diff from the treo. However, when you open up the sms msg it will be threaded and can show up to however many previous msgs with that person as you like.

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

hwnstyle21 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    31C83C17

Sprung and Footprintz thanks for your input. Except for the video and the youtube (going to miss streaming bleach/naruto) I'm pretty sure I'm going to pickup the 8320 when it's released for T-Mo. Thanks again

squatritomj no está en línea Stack level 1

I made the switch to the AT&T Curve from a Verizon Motorola Q - and I've been very happy with the switch, I have less dropped calls, less to NO static and I feel I have better customer service between the carriers. The Curve in my opinion is great for Email (I used the Desktop Redirector and now I'm on the BES), I feel the quality of the Curve is excellent, the keys on the keyboard have ample spacing, the trackball in my opinion is more convenient than the thumbwheels and the backlighting is much better. My only complaint is the video portion (I get .3g2 video clips every hour from work either by MMS or Email and this format is not compatible with the Blackberry - I can't even receive a .3gp format which is compatible with the Blackberry. My Curve won't even allow me to attach a video from the memory card to an MMS message. I had a few posts on this and everyone here was willing to help out but we came up with nothing. So the only complaint for me would be the MMS and Email support of Video.
    My thoughts as a Blackberry Newbie.