Okay recently got my sprint curve and having problems connecting to desk manager. if i ... BlackBerry Curve forum

stixx no está en línea Stack level 2

connecting to desk manager

Advertisement

Okay recently got my sprint curve and having problems connecting to desk manager. if i turn my pc on when desk manager run it'll detect my phone but if i plug my phone after my pc has been running it won't recognize my phone. in the tab under connection all it says is com 1,3,5,6 no usb connection. also when i first turn on pc and connect it ask if i want to change setting to usb which I accepted yet later it isn't there. any thoughts on this don't want to have to restart pc just to back up and restore during the day.

Cron99 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Couple of questions for you. What operating system are you running on your PC? Windows XP etc. Also how old is the PC itself.

Windows XP has a known issue with not correctly detecting some USB devices and showing them as available, which requires a reboot in order for the device to be detected correctly.

fritter no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!
    also if that is an older DM that was already on your PC then remove it and use the disk that came with the phone and install the newer version of DM

mbwilson no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    20DCCB16
    We have had this issue in our offices with various devices and it always seems to track back to a bad USB port.

I'm have windows xp and this isn't my first blackberry phone. also upgraded desk manager prior to getting the phone but still ran the disk that came with my phone. My pc is about 3 years old ( time for an upgrade). I'll try and reinstall it as for bad usb that's not it since i can add and remove music/video files when it's plugged in. Hope the re-install works. thks

Re-installed desktop manager and still same issue. I guess ill just have to backup when I first turn on pc