Hi, I have a Black Berry 8310 and a BMW with audio-input to the car ... BlackBerry Curve forum

wpkwrs no está en línea Stack level 1

Connect Black Berry 8310 to car stereo

Advertisement

Hi,

I have a Black Berry 8310 and a BMW with audio-input to the car stereo.

I can listen to mp3 music if I connect the 8310 with a normal audio-cable to the car (both side the same normal stereo jack) - this is nice - BUT when I want to do a call the BB 8310 does not accept this cable as head set (sure the stereo jack is different to the headset jack - the headset jack has 4 contacts not 3) and brings the sound to the inbuilt speaker of the phone. So I wonder if it would be possible to build an own cable which has on the one side the 4 contact jack of the headset, but on the other side a microphone (only necessary if the BB switches off the internal mic if a headset is connected ?) and a normal stereo jack - did someone try this out before? Is there a stereo expert who can check if this is possible - an where would I get the jacks other than cutting off a headsett ....... I think about buying for 19 EURO a BB headset and cut off the left and right ear plugs and connect the cables to a standard stereo jack - would this work - or are those things already exisiting?

koh
    koh no está en línea Stack level 2
    Good question, I am interested as well.

ak602 no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Great question.....id like to know.....

BerrySmartUser no está en línea Stack level 3

Seidio

I just found this item at MobileCityOnline. This should do it for you.

jdiiams no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24a04078
    look at the Motorola T505 Stereo Bluetooth Car Kit. GREAT setup!!!

wpkwrs no está en línea Stack level 1

done - it is working

so it is done now.

I ordered a new headset for the BB for 10 EURO and put away the earpiece for left and right and the same I did with the earpieces from an old stereo headset and then I braced the 4 cables together and put a heat shrink tube over the connection.

I quickly tested and it is great - I hear perfectly the voice over the car stereo and the one I called could perfectly hear me talking even when I left the microphone in the middle console of the car. The only bad thing like with every fress speach system is when I move up the volume of the car stereo the one at the other side hears him through the mic - so do not tune to high the volume - I am happy so far and I will thest on the Autobahn soon as there it could be bad as I have to rise the volume - let's see

rmarkowitz no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Get an in-dash stereo with a built-in Bluetooth receiver.

Or...

Get an external Bluetooth receiver and route the RCA cables into the AUX input of your current in-dash stereo. This method is what I currently use in my car.

http://www.scosche.com/products/sfID.../productID/442

dakshkhatter no está en línea Stack level 1

Your help will be appreciated

Hi wpkwrs,

I am facing the exact same problem. I recently bought blackberry curve and want to be able to use handsfree phone operation in my car via my car stereo. I have an AUX stereo input which plays the music very well but does not play the phone output.

I want to be able to listen to the phone output via my car speakers and somehow have an external microphone for handsfree operation, all conected wired (not via bluetooth).

I could not find any off the shelve product available. I am in chicago and an not very familiar with the technicalities involved. Can you please help me find a good solution.

Thanks,
    Daksh