So my new BlackBerry came today. I have been a Palm user and was so ... BlackBerry Curve forum

acidovrdc no está en línea Stack level 1

Confused and Frustrated

So my new BlackBerry came today. I have been a Palm user and was so excited to make the switch.

I'm trying to install some fun new themes to customize the new phone though and am receiving an error through the desktop manager that says the application cannot be installed because the digital signatures are invalid.

So... I Googled this and found that 3rd party application installs are probably disabled. Thing is, this isn't a work phone where I can contact some IT guy to fix it, this is my personal phone and I can't for the life of me figure out how to change this IT policy.

Anyone have any good (and hopefully simple) advice? Oh, and OTA isn't an option at the moment, unfortunately...

Thanks in advance for any help!

jgagnon01 no está en línea Stack level 3
    Did you buy the phone from somewhere like eBay? Or did you get it right from the wireless provider? If you got it from the provider there will not be an IT policy on it.

DCookSta no está en línea Device Pro
    Where are you getting the themes from? I haven't seen that error when installing a theme. jgagnon01 suggested looking in the phone for an IT policy, that may restrict the theme from installing. You'll have to check in options, security options, General Settings, then scroll all the way down to the bottom and see if it says anything for an IT Policy Name.