Hey Everyone, after ten years of using Palm, I finally got a Curve/8300 today. Wondering ... BlackBerry Curve forum

ziipppp no está en línea Stack level 1

Comprehensive Search of Address Book Fields?

Advertisement

Hey Everyone, after ten years of using Palm, I finally got a Curve/8300 today. Wondering what I am going to do with all the extra time, now that I don't have to deal with my Treo crashing ;-) However one thing is giving me pause.

I have a DREADFUL memory, so I typically take notes when I meet someone as to where we connected. On my Palm, if I remember we met at a pizza party, when I put in Pizza, up their name will pop. Trouble is I'm not finding anyway to do comprehensive searches on the BB address book. I've poked around a bit, but not luck on either the built in address book or even third party apps. Can someone please help a newb out here; can I really only search by last name for a contact and thats it??
    Thanks!
    George

BenMarvin no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    Ask Me!

Re: Comprehensive Search of Address Book Fields?

You can use the Search program to do so. Select the icon or use S for the shortcut to start and just check Address Book and type 'pizza', for instance, in the Text field and the contact you met at the pizza party will pop up. And you can call, email, etc right from there.
    Would be nice to do it from within the address book though.

ziipppp no está en línea Stack level 1

Sweet! Thank you so much!

dtx
    dtx no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    207B3A96

I wish it was as easy as Windows Mobile 6 (I kind of miss my TyTn for that reason) to search messages. While in the mailbox, you can start typing anything, name, subject, body, and it will bring up any messages that have that word in it. It's beautiful. If you remember there was a phone number you needed in a message regarding pizza, you could just type pizza and find the message.
    Then again, I like my phones to actually make it through a day without crashing, and needing to be recharged!
    --
    DTx
    PIN: 207B3A96
    Bold 9000
    Rogers BIS
    OS 4.6.0.150