Hi, I have an 8320 curve from t-mobile. Got it june '08 and love it ... BlackBerry Curve forum

cvillanchs1 no está en línea Stack level 1

Completely Dead 8320?

Advertisement

Hi, I have an 8320 curve from t-mobile. Got it june '08 and love it to death. However i recently went to charge it and it started dieing on me after about 3 or 4 hours to eventually not holding a charge at all. Naturally I thought it was a problem with the battery but I tried using my friend's battery for his curve and the same thing happened. I dont know if its a software problem or ive just dropped it too many times and the charging connection has shorted out? I've tried wiping it and resetting it more times than i can count. Ive also tried to downgrade the software from 4.5.81 but haven't found any links to previous versions. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    You can go here to download TMO's OS for your Curve http://www.t-mobile.com/bbupgrade/BB...c-4fd62ce2db70
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

pkcable no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    Ask via
    I hope it doesn't have moisture damage.
    Rich C.
    Twitter me @ http://twitter.com/pkcable

Reinstall Your OS on a Bricked BB Click here

pdxmatts no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pkcable View Post
    I hope it doesn't have moisture damage.
    Yes, good call. Did It get wet?
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16

I dont think it got wet but it might have . Im taking it in to the store today to see if I can argue my way to a new phone or if theyll just give me one. I downloaded the new OS already and loaded it on there but still no difference. If there is moisture damage it sounds like my chances of getting it to work have gone out the window, correct? Although if i just have to take it apart and clean it i might be up for it. Lemme know if i can do anything about the moisture, thanks for the speedy replies.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    If there's moisture, take the battery out, wrap the device in a paper towel or some other thin type of towel and put it in a bag of rice for at least 24 hours. Should suck the moisture right out of it. Though if the sticker on the inside of the device has changed color, they will know it has moisture damage.

Do you think that sucking out all the moisture would solve the problem or has it already caused something to be shorted out. In other words what are my chances?

BlackBerrys have been known to revive after such treatment, but can't say for sure if it will solve your problem. Worth a shot, though.

PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Besides rice, you can also use silica packs which are used in medicine and can be obtained at the pharmacy. Also a pure alcohol 90% or better bath first can help, but often the damage is already done. These treatments should be done ASAP, when a device gets wet.

At this point you might be best just taking your chances at your carrier first.
    Rich C.

I assume by bath u mean a quick soak in some alcohol and then dry it out?

PIN/ID
    Ask via
    Yes a quick soak, and then let dry out, also make sure to use 90% or better, regular alcohol won't do.
    Rich C.

Yeah, don't drop it in a glass of Makers Mark.

melder215 no está en línea Stack level 2
    if you take it apart a clean it and dry it an reassemble it fixes alot. stretch the springy contacts out a bit if they look depressed. and check the brass where the springy contacts touch, it needs cleaned witha toothpic or something. i use a radioshack fiberglass pen.
    and you prolly got a loose battery slot, like a dozen other people on this forum... wedge something opposite the connections.. something small like a piece of cardstock.. but its probably the connection inside.. or corrosion on the charger terms..
    funny thing is, its very easy to make these things water resistant, and to protect the contacts. but then they wouldnt break would they..
    and if you kept it in your front pants pocket.. well.. you messed it up with all you 98 degree humidity. people rarely consifer it... but you got some damn salty sweat down there. it eats phones from the inside.. i know from taking apart a couple hundred...,