Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Originally Posted by jbreidel Its not that hard in my opinion, although I work with ... BlackBerry Curve forum

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator

Re: cnn online shop

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by jbreidel View Post
    Its not that hard in my opinion, although I work with computers alot so im pretty comfortable with dismantling things, but all you really need is a T5 *torx 5* screwdriver that you can pick up at like Home Depot for like 4$.

Its a matter of I think 4 screws and the antenna cover which you can usually just pry off with either your fingers, if its loose enough, or a flat head screwdriver and just be really careful peeling it up. I have taken my old pearl apart many of times and it was super easy. I assume the curve is just as easy if not easier as it doesnt have the side rails that the pearl did.
    I'm like a bull in a china shop when it comes to things like this, so hopefully I won't trash the whole thing!

Thanks for the heads up.....

FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3

So with out going to over board on my thoughts of cnn.cn, I will explain my experience.

First of all I ordered the red face (not full housing)

I placed my order on Jan 24th, after my order still showed process on Feb. 6th I wrote a email asking them the why the order was still processing, they responded by saying that it had shipped and they changed the web order status to shipped.

So today I received my package (Feb 23rd) yes a day short of being a month, according to the postage it did not ship until the 16th. So them saying it had shipped on the 6th was BS when in fact it did not ship until 10 days later then they had said. Maybe they use carrier pigeon from there shop to the post office.

Any way enough about that, so it arrived today after first inspection I noticed that the sticky piece around the inside of the screen had no plastic protector on it like I had seen on others in the past, and stuck to it was what first looked like hair but after looking closely it looked like some 1 had tried to clean the screen with a q tip or something and the cotton strands had stuck to the sticky piece. That itself turned out to be a pain in the arse to get it all removed.

While removing it I noticed the screen had a scratch on the inside, if you look in the pic below you will notice the scratch right beside the glare of the flash

So my word of advise it buyer beware.. I personally will never make another purchase from them.

On a side note, I know it looks a little silly with the titanium ant cover, however I keep it in a black case and you cant see that or that back anyway.

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    How difficult is it to replace the housing? I just ordered a replacement housing for my 8310 as it's barely too months old and the screen got scratched to s*** already.

What's the best skin to protect the entire body while still being able to holster the thing in a nice leather holster?

Any recommendations would be appreciated!
    Replacing the housing was not as easy as i thought it would be. it wasnt just opening the phone up and putting the new housing on. the inside of the back housing has many components attached to it like the flash light, speaker, battery charging contacts and a whole lot of circuitry stuck on like stickers. The side rails also have the volume rocker keys and the side keys which are not easily removable. Be extra careful when u remove the gps antenna circuit and the external battery charging circuit, which is stuck on to the housing.Once u remove it, u have to stick it back again with glue.
    I suggest u only replace the face plate and the battery cover and not try changing the whole housing.
    Also for the skin, try best skin ever
    http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...ve-8300/Detail
    Last edited by schumacher; 02-24-2008 at 02:38 AM.

nvisi0n no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    30B4DB5C

Swapping the faceplate is a piece of cake.

LLceleb no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID

i jus order screen bazel or whatever it is yesterday lets see when it gets here ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    256F471E

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Yaaay.after waiting for 4 weeks, I finally got my brand new red.. Oops titanium housing. Damn, they sent me the wrong colour.

Quote Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
    Replacing the housing was not as easy as i thought it would be. it wasnt just opening the phone up and putting the new housing on. the inside of the back housing has many components attached to it like the flash light, speaker, battery charging contacts and a whole lot of circuitry stuck on like stickers. The side rails also have the volume rocker keys and the side keys which are not easily removable. Be extra careful when u remove the gps antenna circuit and the external battery charging circuit, which is stuck on to the housing.Once u remove it, u have to stick it back again with glue.
    I suggest u only replace the face plate and the battery cover and not try changing the whole housing.
    Also for the skin, try best skin ever
    http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet...ve-8300/Detail
    Thanks, Schumacher.

I ordered the whole housing which apparently shipped yesterday, but I really only need the screen replaced. I think I put it in coat pocket along with my Bluetooth headset which scratched the hell out of the screen. Everything else looks pretty good and it will all be protected as I just ordered and received the clear case from Speck Products. I like this case as opposed to the Seidio one as it covers the screen as well. Fits well and hopefully will hold up well. My 8310 still even fits into my nice leather holster!

Anyway, if the faceplate is the easiest to replace, then that's what I'll be doing, along with the screen! Does the kit come along with instructions on how to do the replacement?
    Last edited by RogerG; 02-26-2008 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FroggyStyle View Post
    So with out going to over board on my thoughts of cnn.cn, I will explain my experience.

First of all I ordered the red face (not full housing)

I placed my order on Jan 24th, after my order still showed process on Feb. 6th I wrote a email asking them the why the order was still processing, they responded by saying that it had shipped and they changed the web order status to shipped.

So today I received my package (Feb 23rd) yes a day short of being a month, according to the postage it did not ship until the 16th. So them saying it had shipped on the 6th was BS when in fact it did not ship until 10 days later then they had said. Maybe they use carrier pigeon from there shop to the post office.

Any way enough about that, so it arrived today after first inspection I noticed that the sticky piece around the inside of the screen had no plastic protector on it like I had seen on others in the past, and stuck to it was what first looked like hair but after looking closely it looked like some 1 had tried to clean the screen with a q tip or something and the cotton strands had stuck to the sticky piece. That itself turned out to be a pain in the arse to get it all removed.

While removing it I noticed the screen had a scratch on the inside, if you look in the pic below you will notice the scratch right beside the glare of the flash

So my word of advise it buyer beware.. I personally will never make another purchase from them.

On a side note, I know it looks a little silly with the titanium ant cover, however I keep it in a black case and you cant see that or that back anyway.
    Are there any other sites that offer the same/similar product line? Would be nice to have a shop like this in the states.

Anybody interested in a business venture? :-)

By the way, the price of the Crimson housing went up a buck since I ordered it a week ago.

PIN/ID

ok my order i placed says its been shipped to lets see if its here by the end of this week
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

Quote Originally Posted by LatinLegacy View Post
    ok my order i placed says its been shipped to lets see if its here by the end of this week
    You just ordered yesterday and it's already shipped? Wow.

::EDIT:: I see you ordered a few days ago, but still that's pretty good that it went out so fast.

PIN/ID

no
    i ordered last week on Thursday or Friday and shipped out today
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

Quote Originally Posted by LatinLegacy View Post
    no
    i ordered last week on Thursday or Friday and shipped out today
    Yeah, I ordered my housing a week ago today and it shipped today. The shipment e-mail said it would take anywhere between 7 and 10 days to get here. We shall see.....

PIN/ID

Quote Originally Posted by RoGro View Post
    Yeah, I ordered my housing a week ago today and it shipped today. The shipment e-mail said it would take anywhere between 7 and 10 days to get here. We shall see.....
    same here
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tmobile
    BOLD

WESC no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    206BF519

on a side note, what theme is froggystyle using?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast