Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

has anyone had any bad experiences with cnn.cn? I ordered a red housing for my ... BlackBerry Curve forum

  1. #1
    schumacher's Avatar
    schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Posts
    125

    cnn online shop

    Advertisement



    has anyone had any bad experiences with cnn.cn? I ordered a red housing for my 8310 almost a month back and i hvnt received it yet.

  2. #2
    cherrichiodo's Avatar
    cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    Posts
    17,164

    Re: cnn online shop

    i haven't seen any reports of issues with them.
    i do know that the first skin i bought from them a couple of years ago took some time...they are shipping from overseas somewhere, like china ...

  3. #3
    schumacher's Avatar
    schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Posts
    125

    Re: cnn online shop

    oh.ok.thnx

  4. #4
    reddog187's Avatar
    reddog187 no está en línea Stack Moderator
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    PIN/ID
    STACK
    Posts
    8,907

    Re: cnn online shop

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

    If you do have any concerns just email them usually they are very good at getting back to customers.

  5. #5
    mentalcase's Avatar
    mentalcase no está en línea Stack level 1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9

    Re: cnn online shop

    It took them close to two weeks to have my order to me. Came from hong kong so im sure thats why it took so long.

  6. #6
    nvisi0n's Avatar
    nvisi0n no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    PIN/ID
    30B4DB5C
    Posts
    410

    Re: cnn online shop

    cnn.cn has only had those housing available for 2 weeks.

  7. #7
    schumacher's Avatar
    schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Posts
    125

    Re: cnn online shop

    Quote Originally Posted by nvisi0n View Post
    cnn.cn has only had those housing available for 2 weeks.
    i ordered for the titanium housing a month back, i found the red titanium on their site a couple weeks ago, and since they hadnt despatched the titanium housing yet, i changed my order to the red housing. Its now 2 weeks since i changed my order and when i check my account on cnn, it still shows as processing . Am worried by the time it gets here, i would have moved on to another bb.

  8. #8
    BluesDrive's Avatar
    BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    241BC149
    Posts
    215

    Re: cnn online shop

    I ordered a trackball from there. The only thing that took forever was getting the paypal payment through. By the time I got the spare trackball I already had my warranty replacement. At least I have a spare trackball now.

  9. #9
    nvisi0n's Avatar
    nvisi0n no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    PIN/ID
    30B4DB5C
    Posts
    410

    Re: cnn online shop

    Quote Originally Posted by schumacher View Post
    i ordered for the titanium housing a month back, i found the red titanium on their site a couple weeks ago, and since they hadnt despatched the titanium housing yet, i changed my order to the red housing. Its now 2 weeks since i changed my order and when i check my account on cnn, it still shows as processing . Am worried by the time it gets here, i would have moved on to another bb.
    This is pretty weak on their end then.

  10. #10
    BluesDrive's Avatar
    BluesDrive no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    PIN/ID
    241BC149
    Posts
    215

    Re: cnn online shop

    actually, the trackball I ordered was processing until I got an e-mail saying it was shipped. I actually got the "shipped" e-mail about 3 minutes after I got it on my front door. Their web design needs to be fixed. Or maybe it's just a whole international thing.

  11. #11
    GeneKam's Avatar
    GeneKam no está en línea Stack level 4
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    PIN/ID
    232D8D38
    Posts
    756

    Re: cnn online shop

    Quote Originally Posted by BluesDrive View Post
    I ordered a trackball from there. The only thing that took forever was getting the paypal payment through. By the time I got the spare trackball I already had my warranty replacement. At least I have a spare trackball now.
    indeed, 8320 does not have extra leds like pearl, so if your trackball is dirty, there is no way to make it look clean by having 4 leds working instead of one (Kept my ol pearl looking good). 8320 is different so as soon as it too dirty BAM BAM BAM new trackball, makes you feel like a smart consumer
    "Drive by tornado-kicking, boy, i wish i could see that" - Yaku
    "Yeah! It was epic" - Gene

  12. #12
    FroggyStyle's Avatar
    FroggyStyle no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    149

    Re: cnn online shop

    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have been waiting for my red face for about 3 weeks now. I was concerned when my order still said processing after a week so I emailed them, they replied by saying ok we changed the status to shipped. That was 2 weeks ago, I do not think the web status has anything to do with the actual status I understand it is international, but I ship things for work all of the time over seas and don't experience this type of delay.this will be my first and last purchase from them. Little funny they had no problem taking the $ from my cc

  13. #13
    schumacher's Avatar
    schumacher no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    PIN/ID
    256F471E
    Posts
    125

    Re: cnn online shop

    Quote Originally Posted by FroggyStyle View Post
    ~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ I have been waiting for my red face for about 3 weeks now. I was concerned when my order still said processing after a week so I emailed them, they replied by saying ok we changed the status to shipped. That was 2 weeks ago, I do not think the web status has anything to do with the actual status I understand it is international, but I ship things for work all of the time over seas and don't experience this type of delay.this will be my first and last purchase from them. Little funny they had no problem taking the $ from my cc
    i just got a mail from them saying its shipped. Hope i dont have to wait for another 2 weeks.

  14. #14
    RogerG's Avatar
    RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    21,111

    Re: cnn online shop

    How difficult is it to replace the housing? I just ordered a replacement housing for my 8310 as it's barely too months old and the screen got scratched to s*** already.

    What's the best skin to protect the entire body while still being able to holster the thing in a nice leather holster?

    Any recommendations would be appreciated!

  15. #15
    jbreidel's Avatar
    jbreidel no está en línea Stack level 3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    PIN/ID
    241EDB49
    Posts
    112

    Re: cnn online shop

    Its not that hard in my opinion, although I work with computers alot so im pretty comfortable with dismantling things, but all you really need is a T5 *torx 5* screwdriver that you can pick up at like Home Depot for like 4$.

    Its a matter of I think 4 screws and the antenna cover which you can usually just pry off with either your fingers, if its loose enough, or a flat head screwdriver and just be really careful peeling it up. I have taken my old pearl apart many of times and it was super easy. I assume the curve is just as easy if not easier as it doesnt have the side rails that the pearl did.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •