Hello everyone. I wanted to ask if anybody knows if any kind of solution can ... BlackBerry Curve forum

Atrocity no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    243B1999

Question Cleaning Solution for Trackball

Advertisement

Hello everyone.

I wanted to ask if anybody knows if any kind of solution can be applied to the trackball so it can be cleaned? I'm paranoid of having the trackball turning brown because of dirt. I'm very careful when it comes to this but I know it will eventually get dirty. I thought of mayb e using a q-tip with something to clean it. Any ideas?

neezy no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2442ABB1

Re: Cleaning Solution for Trackball

Courtesy of: Curve 8300 Mini FAQ http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html

"Trackball Cleaning
    This subject is a touchy one. The trackball itself will eventually get stained and will NEVER be white again sorry it’s just one of those facts of life. You can try and clean it with a Q-Tip and some denatured rubbing alcohol, but it’s stained.

This subject I’ve had firsthand knowledge and experience. Eventually, but hopefully not soon your trackball (pearl) will act up. Mostly I believe because I kept it in my pocket. It will decide one day not to scroll in a particular direction.

Solutions:
    Compressed Air
    Pushing down on the trackball while rolling
    Piece of paper to dislodge whatever might be causing the problem
    Removal of the Trackball Assembly and more compressed air

None of those solutions worked for me, then came rizzo70 to the rescue with this thread.
    Easy trackball removal and cleaning this involved removal of the trackball assembly, HOT water, and some dish soap. Please read carefully and through the entire thread.

NOTE: This is a do at your own risk project…and a last resort. Remember you pearl has a 1 year manufacture warranty. Use it if you are not comfortable with disassembly of your pearl. We take no responsibility in your actions.

Another thread http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com..._pictures.htm"

Hope this answers your question.

Sirthinks no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    2831A313

Re: Cleaning Solution for Trackball

Quote Originally Posted by neezy View Post
    Courtesy of: Curve 8300 Mini FAQ http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...on_issues.html

This subject I’ve had firsthand knowledge and experience. Eventually, but hopefully not soon your trackball (pearl) will act up. Mostly I believe because I kept it in my pocket. It will decide one day not to scroll in a particular direction.
    Cases may seem geeky.... But they keep the lint problem from occurring.....