I just had my phone for about a week and noticed a few small scratches ... BlackBerry Curve forum

privax no está en línea Stack level 3

Clean off smudges and avoid tiny scratches?

Advertisement

I just had my phone for about a week and noticed a few small scratches in the screen I guess from the paper towel or napkin I used with Windex... What are some good alternatives to keep these scratches at a minimum or avoid them all together without actually going out and buying anything special. I'm looking for household alternatives...

mrpringlez no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    304B6584
    I would love to know as well...
    Don't Get Mad Get $Money$ Why They Call Me Mr.Pringlez You Ask ? Cuz I Stack My Chips... Ow !

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA
    applesauce polish

i would also recommend getting a screen protector.
    very cheap, you won't regret it.

RogerG no está en línea Stack Administrator
    There is also Novus Polishes, which provides three different formulas for polishing, small scratches and deep scratches. www.novuspolish.com

chuckster no está en línea Stack level 1
    I use Wal-Mart eye glass cleaner I bought one bottle several years ago and
    they fill it up when I need it free. It doesn't take much and if you use a soft
    cloth and dont rub too hard it cleans both the screen and the case quickly and
    completly.
    NEVER use a paper towel after all it's made of wood and there is always a possibility of scratchs depending on the quality of the paper towel.
    Just use a soft bath cloth.

privax no está en línea Stack level 3
    I actually started to use scotch tape... an idea I got from a few different other forums. If you've never tried it, it's something I suggest. It pulls the smudges and dirt or whatever right off the phone and makes it super clean in a snap.

bbueding no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask
    When I got scratches on my Ipod I got a product called DISPLEX, it removes scratches on plastic. Just google DISPLEX and you will find places to purchase this stuff, it works really well.

sin3ity no está en línea Stack level 2
    dont use windex.... there are better cleaners

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by sin3ity View Post
    dont use windex.... there are better cleaners
    Right and besides that, Windex is a great glass cleaned but WILL cloud some plastic surfaces over time. Denatured alcohol and a VERY soft cloth will work. I'd also stay away from using paper products to clean plastic - my opinion. Either 100% (and soft, CLEAN) cotton or cloths made for cleaning. I have one that came with a Lexar jump drive of all things.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

Sniperet no está en línea Stack level 2
    I've used a damp towel every morning for years to clean my phones. Other times I use the lens cleaning towelets that come individually packaged for eye glasses.

ird428 no está en línea Stack level 1
    PIN/ID
    Ask me
    Hello,
    I use the same cleaner and cloth I use to clean my eyeglasses. I got the kit from lenscrafters, it somes in a little plastic case that I keep in my purse so I have it readily available. I spray the solution on to the cloth, not the actual device. and it doesnt tske much bc the screen is so small. I also make sure to keep my BB in the holster to prevent surface scratches.
    Last edited by ird428; 10-18-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: spell ck