Hey, I know this has been done in various forms various times but I can't ... BlackBerry Curve forum

DomConway no está en línea Stack level 3

Question Clarification on wi-fi

Advertisement

Hey, I know this has been done in various forms various times but I can't find a thread that answers my particular question.

If I connect to wi-fi when I'm out and about, say in a bar, I only get the grey wi-fi logo at the top-right of my home screen, not the fully-lit white one. I seem to be able to browse websites fine over the wi-fi, so does the fact it's grey just mean it can't connect to my BES? Would that likely be because the wireless router in the bar doesn't have the port open that is needed to speak to the BES?

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I have never heard or seen a wireless router block a port, Are you connected to the BES through a carrier or is it Just through wifi?
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

DomConway no está en línea Stack level 3
    I have a data plan so when I'm out of wireless coverage I'm connected to the BES through my carrier (Vodafone UK). I'm not 100% sure that no BES connection is what the grey wi-fi icon means anyway, that's one of the things I'm trying to clarify.

jeffallen8 no está en línea Stack Professional
    PIN/ID
    Huh?
    I'm going to agree with you on the grayed wifi Icon, you must not be connected
    Looking for Wallpapers or Icons for making themes? I can help!

Truth + Clarity = Power

If you are going to take the time to respond... take the time to actually understand that to which you are responding.

frisco49ers no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    2840D481
    The wifi icon will turn white when connected, if it is grey you are connected thru your carrier!
    ~via smartphone mobile.pinstack.com~