Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Originally Posted by EricaJ1073 All he is saying is if you want access to your ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Re: Cingular charges via kb for pic messages?

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    All he is saying is if you want access to your picture messages without paying per message, the BB plan is the plan you want. And you can get your messages wherever you happen to be without having the laptop with you. Good luck.
    Nobody is making sense here. There isnt even a BB plan that includes messages. They are all internet and email combos.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    ...I buy a new phone every 6 months anyway. So in 6 months time you guys can be rid of me and not have to worry about my stupid intentions with your precious blackberry's.

Sheesh. I love this phone and Im being shunned by its supporters.
    lol not at all... even being a "half-blackberry user" we still love ya lol...

but I hear ya on buy new phones OFTEN (Just bought this Curve last week, and last night also bought the Samsung Sync just to toy with).
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Nobody is making sense here. There isnt even a BB plan that includes messages. They are all internet and email combos.
    yeah unfortunately the way the BB's work is different (from my readings over the last 3 months) from regular phones. T-mobile just recently (as in last 2 weeks) added a new Blackberry feature to allow non-bb plan customers access to MMS. To the best of my knowledge they are the only carrier to do that. So with Cingular (or perhaps RIM) you need access to the BB plan for the data side of the MMS. I'm still fairly new to this so someone will correct me if I'm off.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

You are correct Cliff.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

Ditto
    I Unlock All Mobile Devices, questions just ask

Ok, then can one of you explain this(copied directly from Cingular website)?:
    "Unlimited Messaging
    You have the freedom to message any way to any one (text, picture, video and IM) without worrying what each message costs. That means every message counts the same. You can send and receive ANY combination of messages. Want to send all picture messages? No problem. All IMs? Go ahead and chat away - send and receive messages for less than pennies per day!"

This is the $19.99 unlimited messaging plan.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

the only reasoning I can guess is because the BB is not like any other smartphones or regular phones. It has to connect to the net differently to do things. Regular phones can be provisioned to just do PAYG data and send/receive MMS without charge because it is in the bundle of messages, but the BB cannot get on the net because it is "denied" by RIM because there is no BB plan attached to it... therefore it will not function properly with MMS. It's not just Cingular/AT&T

Wish I could help you get around that...

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    the only reasoning I can guess is because the BB is not like any other smartphones or regular phones. It has to connect to the net differently to do things. Regular phones can be provisioned to just do PAYG data and send/receive MMS without charge because it is in the bundle of messages, but the BB cannot get on the net because it is "denied" by RIM because there is no BB plan attached to it... therefore it will not function properly with MMS. It's not just Cingular/AT&T

Wish I could help you get around that...
    Best explanation Ive heard yet. So basically I need to pay a minimum of what, $34.99 for a lot of features I dont want just to have MMS but also pay $19.99 on top of that to get my regular unlimited texts.
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 06-14-2007 at 01:32 AM.

then dont get a BB...easy enough

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334
    then dont get a BB...easy enough
    Sorry you cant see my side of it. How about you suggest a phone to do what I want to do then?

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Sorry you cant see my side of it. How about you suggest a phone to do what I want to do then?
    I agree, the way BB's work compared to the other devices is kinda "painful". The BB plans are $29.99 since you have a voice plan, but still way too much for just MMS. Not sure about any other suggestions for you. I like the Nokia's and they would work just fine with Media Net (a bit older but 6820, and newer smartphone e62...)

I like the Nokia's and they would work just fine with Media Net (a bit older but 6820, and newer smartphone e62...)
    I got the Nokia e61i but it was so uncomfortable to use. The Curve feels the way I want a phone to feel. Nothing else out there is like it which is why, like all of you, I love it. Sure I could pop my sim into my N73 and just go from there since its not a bb phone. But then Im back to square one with having a phone thats inconvenient for lots of texting.

PIN/ID
    317ASKME

I got the Nokia e61i but it was so uncomfortable to use. The Curve feels the way I want a phone to feel. Nothing else out there is like it which is why, like all of you, I love it. Sure I could pop my sim into my N73 and just go from there since its not a bb phone. But then Im back to square one with having a phone thats inconvenient for lots of texting.
    lol sorry
    I'd call up customer service and see if perhaps they have a provision like T-mobile does to allow MMS (but I doubt it). Either way, good luck, it is a really nice phone...

I see ur point, but no phone maker has seen the huge need for this. and Until then you will be stuck with the limited options you have now. At least 99% percent of bb users get them because they want to use the complete features of the phone and know the costs involved in the decision that they are making, Choices are limited to getting an unlocked phone from another carrier or the cingular 8525, blackjack treos or nokia e62...sorry

The BB plans are $29.99 since you have a voice plan
    I guess for all bases covered, I need to spend $39.99 for the BB personal max. Unlimited data and 1500 inc. messages. $20 more than I wanted to spend but I guess thats how they sucker you in right? And for all you orignal haters, I guess Ill be able to check my email every 12 seconds just like you and leave my laptop and desktop. Feel better?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast