Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

i hope that the rep explained to you that you wont qualify for the mail ... BlackBerry Curve forum

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

Re: Cingular charges via kb for pic messages?

Advertisement

i hope that the rep explained to you that you wont qualify for the mail in rebate without the blackberry plan

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by jloverg
    i think that Customer service rep just got you punk when did you sign up for your contract?
    if it was in the past week ask him to speak with a supervisor and tell him you going to cancel the service they will give you what you want most of the time it work for me with tmo everytime i even have a call drop i make them give extra minute for it

GEEZ...i'd hate to get you on the other line

jscottbarnes no está en línea Stack level 5
    PIN/ID
    No-More

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~yeah... That was my question... BB are noted for one thing = email! Y a Bberry if u don't want constant access to email?

jloverg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

lol you know it i am an easy customer if you dont tell me the wrong thing

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    alrighty then...just gonna throw it out there that you better be checking your account daily online to watch charges - don't wait until the bill comes in just in case
    cherri is right, it may work.. but make sure you dont get hit with usage charges.

I've seen account that have BB's and the media works package.. and a special audit department catches that, they will contact you and let you know that if your using the bb with the wrong feature you would have to take the correct feature or they remove the media works package.

So def keep an eye on your account and bill..

check your data usage by calling *DATA# aka *3282#
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

imdestinetob no está en línea Stack level 1

thats why u get t-mobile

thats why u get t-mobile

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

OK, Ill respond to everyone in ONE post.

First up, I just switched from T-Mo because their service sucks. I was actually on a dealer plan paying $30 for unlimited everything. Paying nothing for service doesnt matter when you dont get the service when you need it. Im gladly paying $80+/mo now to get service everywhere with cingular.

I have a laptop with me all day long that I check email on, why do I need it on a phone. I liked the curve because I do 1500+ texts/mo. That gets annoying on a regular keypaded phone. I like all the extra functionality the phone gives me also.

Asking someone why they got a BB without an email plan is pretty ignorant actually. In this day and age, more and more BB owners are not getting it for business. RIM knows this which is why they have been aiming at my demographic with the Pearl and Curve(succedingly so I may add). This is like asking someone why they got a sedan(over a coupe) if they dont regularly take passengers around.

When talking to the rep, she said that "0" came up for kb used and for texts used under the plan. This might be because the plan is too new(just activated on monday) to record any usage. However, Ill definitely be keeping a tab on things via phone or my access page.

VZDubtk no está en línea Stack level 5

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~the curve just doesn't catch the fact that u are on a media max and not a bb plan. Why it doesn't catch I don't know. On the pearl if u don't have a bb plan then it says data connection refused. They may catch it or they may not. Its really ur risk. As far as the unlimited pic texts yes it is a deception. That is why I clearly tell customers about the kbs per picture. I keep arguing this to the big guys with no prevail.but I will keep trying.

Quote Originally Posted by harry3334
    As far as the unlimited pic texts yes it is a deception. That is why I clearly tell customers about the kbs per picture. I keep arguing this to the big guys with no prevail.but I will keep trying.
    You guys at Cingular really need to have a meeting on this. None of you know the same information. The only time one would get charged Kbs/pic is if they are downloading it from the web. Otherwise, sending pics from phone to phone is included in the message plan. There are no extra fees.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Having the email on the phone would allow you to read and reply to it without having the laptop with you unless you're using the BB as a tethered modem to connect to the internet. I do not use my BB for business but I still enjoy being able to go out and not have to take my laptop with me or worry about missing an email I may need to reply to or send to someone else. But, to each his own. That's why there are personal and enterprise data plans.

Quote Originally Posted by EricaJ1073
    Having the email on the phone would allow you to read and reply to it without having the laptop with you unless you're using the BB as a tethered modem to connect to the internet. I do not use my BB for business but I still enjoy being able to go out and not have to take my laptop with me or worry about missing an email I may need to reply to or send to someone else. But, to each his own. That's why there are personal and enterprise data plans.
    I have the laptop with me for my work. When Im not at work with my laptop, then Im at home on my desktop. I dont need to get my work email at home and I dont need my personal emails on my phone. Im one of those people who want my phone to be private, I dont want my job to find me everywhere. I like not having it beep every 5 seconds when a new email comes in. Theres no quality of life in that.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    ... Asking someone why they got a BB without an email plan is pretty ignorant actually. In this day and age, more and more BB owners are not getting it for business. RIM knows this which is why they have been aiming at my demographic with the Pearl and Curve(succedingly so I may add). This is like asking someone why they got a sedan(over a coupe) if they dont regularly take passengers around...
    I don't think it was an ignorant question, but a practical one. Most users buy a device based on it's purpose, which for BB's is email mobility. Yes it is not solely for business users, but regular consumers still get it (most of the time) for it's designed usage. There are many other devices with great keyboards (all the treo's, and eww, windows mobile devices, even seval nokia's these days), so just curious why non email users are drawn to the BB, that's all.

I got the BB just because it looks cool so I can understand but I did opt for the plan also.
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~

Rehash. Sorry.

http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com...data_plan.html

Good luck hyper its all good
    Last edited by cherrichiodo; 06-14-2007 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cliffr39
    I don't think it was an ignorant question, but a practical one. Most users buy a device based on it's purpose, which for BB's is email mobility.
    See, for me it was the keyboard and the UI. Like I said before, I had the pearl but I didnt like it. Why? It wasnt built like my Nokia. I loved my Nokia(and still have it) and its unlocked so I may use it again. However, also like I said before, Im a huge texter. Texting on a regular keypad was very uncomfortable and impractical. It was time to move to qwerty.

I didnt like the blackjack(dont like windows UI) and it was large. I recently bought and sold the Nokia e61i(felt like a flat brick in my hand). Didnt want a treo or an Ipac or an 8525 etc. I wanted a phone with a convenient keyboard that felt like a normal phone. WOW, must be the Curve.

I buy a new phone every 6 months anyway. So in 6 months time you guys can be rid of me and not have to worry about my stupid intentions with your precious blackberry's.

Sheesh. I love this phone and Im being shunned by its supporters.

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

All he is saying is if you want access to your picture messages without paying per message, the BB plan is the plan you want. And you can get your messages wherever you happen to be without having the laptop with you. Good luck.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast