Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

So Im on the phone with Cingular right now and they are telling me that ... BlackBerry Curve forum

HyperM3 no está en línea Stack level 3

Cingular charges via kb for pic messages?

Advertisement

So Im on the phone with Cingular right now and they are telling me that to send and receive MMS/Picture messages, Ill be charged above and beyond my currect texting plan. Now, I am pretty reading comprehensive, but on all their plans it says send any kind of textl; sms, IM, and Pictures.

So If Im paying $19.99 for Unlimited texts(of any kind according to the website) Im going to be charged extra KB on top of that for all the picture messages(according to the rep on the phone).

This makes no sense.

The point of me calling was the fact that I sometimes get an error "unable to retrieve" message. He said its because I have the wrong plan for my bb(media works + M2M unlim) and I need to switch to a "PDA" type plan.

Then I told him that nowhere on the site does it say there will be extra charges. He then procedes to tell me that he "just" told me, so now I know. I told him because there was nothing on the site, it was deceptive but he said its not deceptive after this conversation anymore.

WTF?

EricaJ1073 no está en línea PINStacked!

Re: Cingular charges via kb for pic messages?

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~ You will be charged using the Media plan. You need a blackberry data plan with an additional messaging bundle for using pic messages.

cherrichiodo no está en línea PINStacked!
    PIN/ID
    ATA

hang up and call back.

you either pay per use, or you have a plan that includes the sms/mms.

CSR was uninformed, or thought you meant email.

jloverg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

he could say whatever he wants but if they dont have it in writing you didnt sign on it to bad you should tell him you beleive in lawyers and judges.

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    hang up and call back.

you either pay per use, or you have a plan that includes the sms/mms.

CSR was uninformed, or thought you meant email.
    Did just that. On the phone with another rep and they say ALL type of texts are included. The other rep was misinformed(and rude). However, he was correct in the fact that I have the wrong plan. Bugger, this is really annoying. I dont want to pay a lot for stuff I wont use. I dont want email on my phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jloverg
    he could say whatever he wants but if they dont have it in writing you didnt sign on it to bad you should tell him you beleive in lawyers and judges.
    Dont think I didnt say that. Then he said, I just told you and this conversation is recorded. So you know now from this day forward.

PIN/ID
    ATA

seriously? you don't want email?

to get all the features of the blackberry, you have to have a blackberry data plan. without it, the bb is really useless

SokudoBlade no está en línea Stack level 3

I can confirm MMS comes out of your direct message plan. You do need to the correct internet plan on your account, depending on the device. So with a BB you need a data plan and message plan in order to get MMS and Data to work correctly.

$29.99 - BB Data Plan Only (BIS)
    $39.99 - BB Data Plan & 1500 Messages
    $49.99 - BB Data Plan & Unlimited Messages
    at&t Retail Sales Consultant Whitehall, PA. Data SME.

shakuyi no está en línea Device Pro
    PIN/ID
    2425A121

unfortunately with a blackberry if you dont have the data plan it wont work you would need it. for 39.99 u can get unlimited data for personal email and 1500 messages or you can go with the 29.99 plan and keep your unlimited messaging. but the answer is no there is no kb charge for mms

Actually, the mediaworks+1500M2MUnlim plan isnt supposed to work but my internet is connecting perfetly.

The rep said it shouldnt be working but if it is that I shouldnt make any changes. Rock On!!

PIN/ID
    ATA

so you've tested to make sure you can send and receive both sms and mms? just wondering...

Quote Originally Posted by cherrichiodo
    so you've tested to make sure you can send and receive both sms and mms? just wondering...
    Ive sent almost 100 SMS today. Received 3 MMS(1 from Tmo, 1 from Cing, both came through instantly) and 1 from Verizon. Its the second time that the one from verizon came with the "retrieval error" message but eventually downloaded minutes later.

cliffr39 no está en línea Stack level 7
    PIN/ID
    317ASKME

you will get Media Net to work, partly... but you will not be able to send/receive MMS with that data plan from my understanding. But glad it is working for you somehow.

ok so let me be the one to ask, why the Curve if you do not want email?
    ~A BlackBerry without a data plan is just a berry without the crack.~
    Links to common questions.

jloverg no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    ask

i think that Customer service rep just got you punk when did you sign up for your contract?
    if it was in the past week ask him to speak with a supervisor and tell him you going to cancel the service they will give you what you want most of the time it work for me with tmo everytime i even have a call drop i make them give extra minute for it

PIN/ID
    ATA

Quote Originally Posted by HyperM3
    Ive sent almost 100 SMS today. Received 3 MMS(1 from Tmo, 1 from Cing, both came through instantly) and 1 from Verizon. Its the second time that the one from verizon came with the "retrieval error" message but eventually downloaded minutes later.
    alrighty then...just gonna throw it out there that you better be checking your account daily online to watch charges - don't wait until the bill comes in just in case

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast