Hello Everybody. I just received my new blackberry and I have few Questions: 1). How ... BlackBerry Curve forum

OxideNOS no está en línea Stack level 1

Check Email using WIFI only

Advertisement

Hello Everybody.

I just received my new blackberry and I have few Questions:

1). How do I check/send email and use AIM using WIFI only?
    I am NOT planning to sign up for data plan.

2). How do I use .jad file to install themes.
    Desktop manager under add/remove applicatoin does not seem to have option for installing .jad file (only options I see are: Details, browse, Delete and Option

I saw several thread on this forum. but didnot found detail step by step instruction. I am new to BB so step by step instructions would be very helpful. thank you.

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Most of what you want to do without a data plan is not possible. There's no email without a data plan. Also, you cannot install anything OTA without it. For themes you'll have to download the alx file to your p-c and install via DM.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com

rjs87 no está en línea Stack level 3
    you cannot access the internet without the use of a data plan, connected to wifi you still get charged per kb usage i learned this the hard way, for some reason even though you are connected through wifi you still need a data plan
    **There are 2 types of people in this world: those who use the search bar and those who do not**

jblackfish no está en línea PINStacked!
    Quote Originally Posted by rjs87 View Post
    you cannot access the internet without the use of a data plan, connected to wifi you still get charged per kb usage i learned this the hard way, for some reason even though you are connected through wifi you still need a data plan
    rjs, What you say about charges is true for AT&T but NOT for T-mobile. I have an 8320 (wi-fi device) on T-mobile, pre-paid plan WITHOUT a data plan of any kind. I browse the internet everyday, as much as I want using wi-fi and get NO charges for it.

I also tried the same thing on the AT&T, pre-paid account that I have and charges DO apply. In fact, you have to turn off data services on AT&T (if you don't have a data plan) to avoid small charges EVEN when you aren't attempting to access the internet.

So,
    it depends on the carrier you use. With T-mobile you can't use many applications without the data plan - example, you can't use Google Maps but you CAN use Google search. I can also use the Pinstack Loader to acces Pinstack via wi-fi.
    For every complex problem there is a solution, that is simple, neat, .....and wrong! (H. L. Mencken) jblackfish(at)pinstack(dot)com