I'm trying to add a line and get the 8320. I wanted to know if ... BlackBerry Curve forum

mred612 no está en línea Stack level 2

Cheapest 8320???

Advertisement

I'm trying to add a line and get the 8320. I wanted to know if anyone here knows the cheapest route to getting the 8320? I'm selling my pearl, gonna add a line, put my old sim in new phone, and I have a reg phone for my mom in law with new sim. Any ideas??? Thanx in advance!

bjenkins17 no está en línea Stack level 2
    PIN/ID
    2427d4b4

Re: Cheapest 8320???

Are you with TMO?

themasterusmc no está en línea Stack level 3
    PIN/ID
    24678aad

well i did it with at&t with the 8100 n think it was $150 think its the cheapest way is 2 add a line

TreBlack7 no está en línea Stack level 2

If you don't mind the rebate process, you should do a search on amazon. As long as you keep your data plan for at least 6 months, I believe they have a rebate offer that actually gives you money back and the up-front cost is only $79.99. On most carriers, new lines are considered new activations so you should qualify as long as don't require any deposits after the credit check.

silviajdm no está en línea Stack level 3

Add a line is what I heard but only do it if you really need another line if not your stuck it until your contract is up or if you pay the cancellation fee

geoc8368 no está en línea Stack level 1

amazon.com for 8320 with a new contract is -50 dollars after rebate, but you have to sign up for data plan 19.99 for 6 months min.

i have been having a lot of trouble getting the phones actually shipped from amazon.com. i placed the order on 10/11 and now delivery date is pushed all the way to 10/29.

it's the cheapest place to get it that i know but may not worth the pain of waiting!

10/22 17:45 UPDATE: They just sent me tracking # after 11 long days and nights. scheduled to arrive on 10/24.
    Last edited by geoc8368; 10-22-2007 at 06:43 PM.

My only concern is in the fine print, I believe I saw that you can NOT take the SIM card out? And I thought It was for NEW T-Mo cust, I been with them for about 1 year. I do need the extra line by the way, and of course I'll keep the data plan! I've had my Pearl this whole time, and I love it! But I really like this phone!

You do not necessarily have to be a new customer. It just has to be a new activation, and as I said before most carriers technically consider adding a new line as a new activation. As long as you meet and maintain all of the terms of the rebate offer on your new line you should be ok. More than likely if there are any conflicts with this rebate offer and adding another line to your account, you would be given a CS# to call and the T_Mobile rep would probably be able to get you hooked up.

I researched this because I was going to buy the 8320 on TMobile a few weeks ago when the Curve was first released on T-Mobile, but got the 8830 on the Sprint SERO plan instead. That Amazon deal is the cheapest I've come across so far, but it may take 7-10 days to ship.

That SIM card issue may be a buger! But where there's a will, there's a way. Actually depending on how much you get from the Pearl it may be just as feasible for you to go through the regular T-Mobile channels. All the Best!

magellan0547 no está en línea Stack level 4
    PIN/ID
    242E7D27

treblack7 is correct...just add a line for $10 and the phone will cost whatever the new activation price is...after you get it you then just swap SIMs and have the T-mo rep right there help you out so that you can use the new phone and sell your old one...totally do-able as i have talked to many a rep

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~
    Thanx 4 all the help every1! I'm gonna just go 2 t-mobile and see what happens. I am gonna call wirefly first. That's where I got 2 pearls for free, plus $50 mail in rebate for each phone! I'm gonna see if they will hook it up. If not, t-mobile, here I come!

~via BB (wap.pinstack.com)~that's cool! I looked at wirefly's offer yesterday and their best deal was $149 after rebates but it will probably go down once the Curve isn't still pretty new to T-Mobile. That's definitely the better Curve network though/ No insurance through AT&T, and T-Mobile's blackberry add-on is the cheapest around as I'm sure you already know.